Mini Meat Marvels Showcase High Quality Proteins From The Core Arby’s Menu
On August 31, Arby’s introduced Sliders, a lineup of mini sandwiches featuring five of the same high quality proteins offered on the core menu: roast beef, chicken, corned beef, ham and jalapeno roast beef. During the month of September, Arby’s guests responded to the mini meat marvels by purchasing 29 million of them – that’s nearly 1 million Sliders per day and roughly 300 Sliders sold daily per Arby’s restaurant across America. That is a ton of meat. Literally.
The following are just a few stats proving good things come in small packages:
- The most Sliders sold in a single day was 1,494 in Jasper, Alabama on Sept. 18.
- The combined weight of all Sliders sold in September equals the weight of five Statues of Liberty.
- If you were to eat one Slider per day, it would take you 79,452 years to consume the 29 million Sliders Arby’s sold in September.
- Arby’s sold enough Sliders in September to feed the entire population of one of the world’s most populous cities, Shanghai, and still have 3 million Sliders left over!
- Sliders have a been a major hit across America, but there were specific states that showed extra love for specific meats:
- The state with the most Roast Beef Slider orders was South Carolina.
- Chicken Sliders had more action in Connecticut than any other state.
- New Yorkers love their Corned Beef, and that trend continued with more Corned Beef Sliders ordered in New York than any other state.
- The state with the most Ham orders was North Dakota.
- Guests in New Mexico ordered more Jalapeno Roast Beef Sliders than any other state.
“Our Sliders bring the magic of Meatcraft to a smaller sandwich,” said Rob Lynch, Chief Marketing Officer and Brand President of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “Sliders combine snack-sized value with the high-quality proteins we’re known for and this is a winning proposition with our guests. We’re selling an average of several hundred per day, per restaurant, with our current one-day record at nearly 1,500 in a single day.”
Arby’s plans to feature Sliders as a permanent menu item, and is even offering “Happy Hour” in participating markets, where guests can enjoy Sliders, a Small Curly Fry or Small Drink or Shake each for only $1.
For more information on Arby’s Sliders, other menu items and Brand news, visit www.arbys.com.