New Development Leadership Drives Accelerated Growth
Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. (ARG), parent company of the franchisor of the Arby’s brand, has announced the signing of several recent franchise development agreements beginning late Q4 2015 through today, for the development of 138 new restaurants. This news follows a strong year of development for Arby’s in 2015 with 61 new restaurant openings and 179 remodels system-wide.
“As we begin 2016 and execute against our strategic priority to expand aggressively in the United States and select global markets, this is an encouraging start to the year for Arby’s,” said Paul Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “We are more focused than ever on bringing Arby’s restaurants to new markets and further expanding in existing markets to Serve, Refresh and Delight our guests with an experience that is truly unique to Arby’s.”
Arby’s remains on track with its goal to reach $4 billion in total system-wide same-store sales (SSS) by the end of 2018. Arby’s achieved industry-leading system U.S. SSS growth of 8.1% in 2015 – more than three times the growth rate of the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industry*. Revitalized restaurants have experienced post-remodel SSS increases of approximately 15 percent, in some cases upwards of 20 percent.
Recent multi-restaurant commitments from existing franchisees beginning late Q4 2015 through today include:
- Arby’s largest franchisee, United States Beef Corporation (U.S. Beef), owned by brothers, Jeff & John Davis, to open 70 new restaurants.
- DRM Inc., owned by Matt & Marc Johnson, committed to opening 25 new restaurants across Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Illinois.
- Turbo Restaurants, LLC., operated by Guillermo Perales, to open 15 new restaurants in the Houston market. This is in addition to 15 new restaurants that Turbo agreed to develop in Dallas under a previous development agreement. Turbo has also committed to remodeling 12 Arby’s restaurants in the Dallas market.
- CAROLINECO, L.P. d.ba. Loves Travel Stops, led by Greg Love, committed to 15 new restaurants in Travel Plazas throughout the United States, reinforcing the confidence that exists with the new Inspire restaurant design in non-traditional formats.
- Mosaic RBNC, LLC, operated by Murad Karimi, committed to opening 5 new restaurants in Raleigh, NC.
- ALB Restaurants, LLC, owned by Michael Breitfelder, committed to opening 2 restaurants in Milwaukee and Madison, WI.
- G.J. and Co., Inc., led by Tom Johnson, III, committed to opening 2 restaurants in Knoxville, TN.
Additional single-restaurant commitments from late Q4 2015 through today include:
- New franchisee, Croteau-Gilbert Ventures, LLC, operated by John Croteau, Nashua, NH.
- Newberry Restaurant Group, Inc., owned by Jake Rasor III, Laurens, SC.
- Heartland Beef, Inc., led by Tom Browne , Terre Haute, IN.
- J & J Ostrowski Enterprises, operated by Jeremy and Jennifer Ostrowski, to relocate a restaurant in Rhinelander, WI.
Further, the ARG Development team is announcing new leadership additions to help guide the Brand growth. Last September, industry leader Greg Vojnovic, was named Chief Development Officer, reporting to Brown and joining the Arby’s Executive Team.
Restaurant industry veteran, Jim Cannon, recently joined the team as SVP, Design, Architecture & Construction. Cannon joins ARG from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and will be responsible for achieving annual goals for company and franchise new restaurant and remodel growth and leading, planning and executing building design prototypes in collaboration with the Development team and Operations leadership.
In addition, Ray Lauletti joined as Vice President of Real Estate. Lauletti joins most recently from New Jersey-based fitness club chain Retro Fitness and will be responsible for leading the Real Estate team, overseeing real estate strategic planning, asset management and site selection for new restaurant openings for both ARG and franchisee development.
Patrick Pons joined as Managing Director, Arby’s International. Pons joins most recently from Famous Brands International where he was VP of International Operations supporting 25 countries and over 400 locations globally. Pons will lead international franchise recruitment and operations for ARG.
Arby’s launched a new franchise development website at DiscoverArbys.com, where prospective franchisees can get in-depth background information about the Brand, including available franchise markets and requirements.
*Source: The NPD Group/SalesTrack Weekly reports same store sales collected weekly from 45 of the larger QSR chains during Q4 2015 ending December 27, 2015.