Comparable two-year system sales up 13.8 percent
Arby’s, the Fast Crafted restaurant brand with more than 3,300 restaurants worldwide, has reported its 2015 Q2 sales results. Arby’s achieved significant system same-store sales (SSS) growth of 7.6 percent versus the same quarter last year, outperforming a representative sample of the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industry by an estimated 5.3 percentage points*, and representing the company’s 19th consecutive quarter of SSS growth. Comparable two-year system sales are up 13.8 percent.
Arby’s also has accelerated new restaurant development and system remodels with the “Inspire” restaurant design. Through the first two quarters of the year, the Brand has opened 18 new restaurants and completed 53 remodels system-wide. On average, Arby’s remodeled restaurants are experiencing sustained sales increases of at least 15 percent and many restaurants are experiencing increases of 20 percent or more. Arby’s is on track to open 60 new restaurants and complete more than 160 remodels through the end of the year.
“Our continued momentum shows that our differentiated, Fast Crafted positioning and focus on service culture, innovative products and breakthrough marketing is working,” said Paul Brown, CEO of Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. “We are especially encouraged by our increase in guest counts, which we attribute to both attracting new guests, as well as giving our longtime fans reason to visit Arby’s more often. Our team members and franchisees are executing extremely well across all aspects of the business and building a true service culture that is effectively positioning the brand for further growth.”
Other business highlights from the quarter included:
- Announced an 11 percent total energy reduction per company-owned restaurant since 2011 as part of Arby’s participation in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Challenge. Arby’s has set a goal of 15 percent energy reduction by the end of 2015 and 20 percent by the end of 2020. The Brand was recently recognized with the Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) award for energy efficiency.
- Reintroduced popular menu items including Turkey and Roast Beef Gyros and the Pecan Chicken Salad, while also expanding the Smokehouse Platform with the introduction of the Smokehouse Turkey Sandwich
- Introduced the Summer of Fast Crafted platform with Boylan Craft Sodas and Garlic Parmesan Housemade Chips.
- Completed cascade of Brand Champs guest experience training to all 21,000 company team members and began introduction to franchise-owned restaurants. Arby’s Brand Champ training is designed to train, trust and empower restaurant-level team members to deliver a Fast Crafted experience that serves, refreshes and delights Arby’s guests.
Arby’s remains on track with its goal to surpass $4 billion in system-wide total sales by the end of 2018. Arby’s has produced an 8.5 percent increase in system SSS through the first half of 2015.
* Source: The NPD Group/SalesTrack Weekly, numbers are estimates from a QSR aggregate of 45 chains for Q2 2015 ending June 28, 2015.
Arby’s, founded in 1964, is the first nationally franchised sandwich restaurant brand, with more than 3,300 restaurants worldwide.