Contrary to popular opinion, the chain’s founder Downing Barber shares five reasons why now is the time make the investment
Downing Barber, the founder & CEO of Barberitos, believes now is the perfect time to purchase a franchise. Barber opened his first Barberitos in 2000 and has grown the fast-casual Southwestern Grille and Cantina to more than 50 locations across seven Southeastern states.
“I’ve heard others say that the restaurant industry is bottoming out, but that’s not what Barberitos is experiencing,” said Barber. “We have been creative to discover ways to differentiate ourselves with marketing and creating unique sales opportunities.”
Barber’s “Top Five” reasons to become a franchisee today:
- Real estate prices are depressed – with a glut of property available, the ability to secure a good location is on the rise and landlords are willing to negotiate on price
- Money is cheap to borrow – loans are readily available with low-interest rates
- Gas prices are down – transportation costs for goods continue to remain at low prices
- Food prices are down – the cost for food is down compared to recent times
- Increase in sales opportunities – restaurants have become more creative and have implemented additional avenues to sell, including curbside and mobile
Barberitos is a Southwestern Grille dedicated to serving farm-fresh, high-quality food in a fast-casual restaurant environment. Many of the restaurants’ menu items are prepared or cooked in-house daily, including hand-smashed guacamole, home-made salsas, fresh-cut vegetables as well as chicken, steak, pork, turkey, tofu, rice and beans.
For more information about Barberitos, the company’s food, health information, locations, franchise opportunities and its commitment to people and community, please visit www.barberitos.com.
Barberitos has a mission to serve others with a focus on Food, Community and People. Through exceptional service, Barberitos aspires to become the market leader of the quick-serve burrito industry. The chain is dedicated to serving fresh, high-quality food in an efficient manner. With a focus on farm-fresh food, many of the restaurants’ menu items are prepared or cooked in-house daily, including hand-smashed guacamole, home-made salsas, fresh-cut vegetables as well as chicken, steak, turkey, tofu, pork, rice and beans. Founded in 2000 by Downing Barber, Barberitos has grown to 50 locations in seven southeastern states. In 2017, Nation’s Restaurant News included the chain in its “Next Restaurant Brands” list. For more information about the company or franchising opportunities, please visit www.Barberitos.com.