Church’s Chicken, also known around the world in many countries as Texas Chicken, held its bi-annual convention in Las Vegas with the largest attendance of domestic and international franchisees and suppliers in the brand’s history. The company commemorated its 60th Anniversary with a retrospective of the Church’s brand and special recognition of franchisees and team members who have been part of the Church’s family for more than thirty, forty and fifty years. The longest serving restaurant team member for Church’s, Arturo Gonzalez from San Antonio, Texas was the convention’s brand ambassador. Arturo just celebrated his 50thAnniversary with Church’s. He was hired fifty years ago by Bill Church Jr. Gonzalez has four grown sons, thirteen grandchildren and fifteen great grandchildren and all of them have grown up with Church’s in their families.
“It’s heart-warming to meet so many of our family members who have been a part of our rich history,” said Jim Hyatt, Church’s CEO. “Many of them have brought their children and other family members into our business and that’s even more heart-warming. And while Church’s has seen many changes over the decades, what has always remained the same is that for 60 years and counting, we are still serving up the best darn chicken in the world.”
Hyatt imparted to the convention attendees the importance of one brand, once voice, one team, and that all stakeholders will benefit with this philosophy. Recognition of top achievers was also a key part of the meeting honoring franchisees, suppliers and restaurant support team members worldwide.
Other honorees in the categories of Brand Achievement, Profit, Growth, Excellence and Teamwork included:
- David Newman, B.P. Newman, Inc., Laredo, TX
- Sukwinder Singh, S&B Food Service, LLC, Houston, TX
- Mike Ali, L. Buvette, Inc., Duluth, GA
- Steve Branco, SNSA, Inc., Lenexa, KS
- Mario Sanchez, Mario Sanchez & Sons, Mission, TX
- Janice Bowen, R.J. Bowen, Kerrville, TX
- Tom Gresham, Double Quick, Inc., Indianola, MS
- Alladin Premji, Premco U.S.A., Inc., Westlake Village, CA
- Imtiaz Ali, Walters Rd., LLC., Houston, TX
- Tony Larrera, South American Restaurants Corp., San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Terrence Campbell, Camex Limited, New Amsterdam, Guyana
- Eduardo Kafati, Interpollo, San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Oleg Pukhov, European Active Corporation LLC, Moscow, Russia
- Vincent Tan, Select Group Limited, Singapore
- Lisa & Husni Muchtar, P.T. Cipta Selera Mumi, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Abulrahman H. Al-Tami, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Bill Lovette & Team, Pilgrim’s Pride, Greeley, CO
- Joe Grendys & Team, Koch Foods, Parkridge, IL
“Our franchisees, suppliers and restaurant support team members are passionate and dedicated to helping our brand achieve its goals. Our convention validated their commitment,” said Hyatt.
Founded in San Antonio, TX in 1952, Church’s Chicken® is a highly recognized brand name in the Quick Service Restaurant sector and is one of the largest quick service chicken concepts in the world. Church’s serves up a rich tradition of gracious Southern hospitality and freshly prepared, high quality, authentic Southern style fare, to help people provide affordable, complete meals for their families. Church’s menu includes flavorful chicken both Original and Spicy, Tender Strips® and Southern Style Chicken sandwiches with classic sides and hand-made from scratch biscuits. The Church’s system consists of more than 1700 locations in 23 countries and system-wide sales of $1.2 billion. For more information on Church’s Chicken, visit www.churchs.com.