Dietitian-recommended dishes with a healthy kick added to Lone Star deli
Cowboy Chicken is dishing up several flavorful and lighter platters, sandwiches and salads incorporating lean proteins and vegetables now featured on HealthyDiningFinder.com.
For more than 30 years, Cowboy Chicken has specialized in scrumptiously roasted chicken over a wood-burning fire. Today, its 13 restaurants throughout Texas are proud to feature menu choices that meet nutrition criteria emphasizing lean protein, vegetables, whole grains and unsaturated fats – recommended by Healthy Dining’s registered dietitians.
“Cowboy Chicken boasts a menu of traditional and hearty Texas foods with a healthy twist,” said Rachael Derr, R.D., culinary dietitian for Healthy Dining. “From the Wood Fire Chicken with Campfire Veggies to the Southwest Chicken Salad, Cowboy Chicken offers high quality, nutritious food for all.”
Here is a sample of Cowboy Chicken’s dietitian-recommended menu options featured on HealthyDiningFinder.com:
- Wood Fire Chicken with Campfire Veggies – Wood fire 1/4 white chicken paired with Campfire Veggies as choice of Wild West Side and a roll. (480 calories, 36 grams carbohydrates, 49 grams protein)
- Southwest Chicken Salad –Chopped Romaine lettuce, seasoned black beans, corn and veggies topped with sliced rotisserie chicken and a tangy Southwest dressing. Request no cheese.(420 calories, 41 grams carbohydrates, 42 grams protein)
- Cowboy Taco & Small Garden Salad –Rotisserie chicken breast, chopped grilled veggies, black beans, corn, BBQ sauce and fresh pico de gallo all folded into a flatbread. Pair with a small garden salad with Southwest dressing as choice of Wild West side. (600 calories, 75 grams carbohydrates, 46 grams protein)
- BBQ Chicken Sandwich –Pulled Rotisserie chicken and tangy BBQ sauce served up on a toasted bun. Request no cheese and small garden salad with low-fat Italian dressings instead of chips. (520 calories, 65 grams carbohydrates, 31 grams protein)
- Veggie Platter– Make a meal out of three Wild West sides. Recommend Campfire Veggies, black beans topped with pico de gallo, and a small garden salad with Southwest dressing. (260 calories, 52 grams carbohydrates, 10 grams protein)
- Vaquero Chicken Platter – A flame-grilled, marinated, skinless chicken breast seasoned with smoky chipotle sauce. Served with black beans and Spanish rice. (570 calories, 52 grams carbohydrates, 59 grams protein)
“Being health-conscious is a part of our brand’s core belief, and our guests are becoming increasingly interested in delicious, convenient and healthy options. I believe today’s diners are becoming more educated about food ingredients and their relation to individual health,” said Sean Kennedy, Cowboy Chicken president. “For that reason, we are committed to offering our guests healthy choices with flavor. We are proud to partner with HealthyDiningFinder.com to increase awareness and support their efforts to create a more informed public.”
For a complete list of participating restaurants nationwide, visit HealthyDiningFinder.com.
Healthy Dining provides Americans with digital tools and resources to find the best restaurant choices for their dietary goals and healthy lifestyles. President and founder Anita Jones-Mueller, MPH, launched Healthy Dining by combining the brainpower and creativity of chefs, restaurateurs, health experts, registered dietitians and communication strategists. In collaboration with the National Restaurant Association, the Healthy Dining Program has grown to become the most powerful restaurant industry nutrition initiative in the nation. Healthy Dining’s signature website, HealthyDiningFinder.com, enables millions of nutrition-conscious restaurant diners, as well as those dealing with diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and other nutrition-related conditions, to easily find dietitian-recommended Healthy Dining choices served at restaurants coast to coast. The site is publicized by influential partners including the American Heart Association, Produce for Better Health, the Whole Grains Council and many others dedicated to supporting healthier eating. Additionally, Healthy Dining has been selected by the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement a variety of restaurant nutrition-related research projects. For more information, please contact Deborah Lawrence, Deb@HealthyDiningFinder.com, 760.809.2622.
Founded in Dallas, Texas in 1981, Cowboy Chicken has been cooking all natural chicken over a wood burning fire for over 30 years. Today, guests enjoy the same delicious wood-fired rotisserie chicken along with seventeen different fresh homemade sides, including the now famous Twice-Baked “Potaters.” The menu also includes their award-winning Chicken Enchiladas and Homemade Peach Cobbler, which have both been on the menu since Cowboy’s inception, more than thirty years ago. Cowboy Chicken also features healthy and delicious fresh salads and sandwiches, grilled skinless chicken breast and nutritious sides such as baked Sweet Potato, Green Beans, and Campfire Veggies. Visit Cowboy Chicken at www.cowboychicken.com for more information or to order online.