Guide designed to teach craft beer lovers the essentials of coupling beer and food flavors
Gordon Biersch, the brewery restaurant specializing in handcrafted lagers and ales brewed in-house, recently unveiled an easy-to-follow beer and food pairings guide designed to help guests learn more about the brand’s five different beer styles and the flavors that perfectly complement each. Available now through August 28 at restaurants nationwide, craft beer fanatics can turn up the heat on their summer fun and enhance their dining experience by creating the ideal beer and food match with the help of this informational menu tool. The guide includes a descriptive infographic with beer and food icons to make the pairing process interactive, educational and simple.
“At Gordon Biersch, we pride ourselves on being a leader among beer-centric restaurants in the industry today, and have set ourselves apart by brewing on-site exceptionally unique lagers and ales that keep our guests coming back for more,” said Tom Dargen, Senior Director of Brewery Operations at Gordon Biersch. “We’re excited to debut our new beer and food pairings guide, which will enhance the dining experience for our guests and offer them insight into the Gordon Biersch brewing process and our signature flavor-packed brews. We look forward to welcoming craft beer lovers to try out this new resource, as well as showcasing the diverse intricacies of our local head brewers’ beer creations at restaurants nationwide.”
As part of the beer and food pairings guide roll out, Gordon Biersch restaurants throughout the country will feature a selection of craft beers brewed on-site by local head brewers. All of the restaurant’s head brewers develop a unique beer in each of the featured beer styles on-site for guests to enjoy. At the start of each meal, guests are encouraged to preview the pairings menu to enhance their experience with styles including:
- Hoppy – A beer style that balances out spicy foods and helps emphasize specific flavors in dishes, which creates an ideal combination with spicy meals, pork, poultry and burgers. This flavor can be paired well with Gordon Biersch favorites including Southwest Egg Rolls, Marzen BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Spicy Chicken Fritters.
- Fruity & Spicy – This style of beer complements and balances flavors similar to notes in the beer, such as those found in poultry, salads, seafood and flatbreads. Guests can pair their Fruity & Spicy brews with selections such as the Blue Crab & Artichoke Dip, Cali Beach Taco and California Cobb Flatbread.
- Light & Refreshing – Select this type of beer style when looking for a refreshing craft beer that will cleanse the palate and will also complement lighter dishes. The chef recommends matching this style of beer with Gordon Biersch menu items such as the Cajun Pasta and the Gorgonzola Pear Salad.
- Malty – Fans of roasted, grilled and smoked foods should sample this style of beer, which will give another layer of flavor to the dish. Ideal menu items to be paired with Malty beers include the Gordon Biersch Beer & Mushroom Chicken and the Gastro Burger.
- Dark – This style of beer best complements chocolate and other sweet flavors, as well as meat dishes such as Gordon Biersch’s 10 oz. USDA Top Sirloin and the fan-favorite Brownie Sundae.
In 2015, Gordon Biersch unveiled its new, chef-driven menu, featuring made-from-scratch, seasonal recipes across the brand’s food, beer and cocktail offerings. Additionally, the restaurant chain began offering a wider variety of beers while staying true to traditional brewing methods; a wine list comprised of well-known producers from top growing regions around the world; and a fun cocktail menu focused on the classics.
For additional details about Gordon Biersch or to find a location near you, please visit www.gordonbiersch.com.
Gordon Biersch specializes in local brewing and handcrafted, seasonal foods. Over the years, Gordon Biersch has won many medals for our authentic lagers and ales, which are brewed in-house using traditional methods dating back nearly 500 years. Gordon Biersch is located in 18 states across the country and the District of Columbia. For additional details about Gordon Biersch, please visit http://gordonbiersch.com.
CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc. is the largest craft brewery restaurant operator in the country with nearly 200 franchised and company-owned restaurants primarily operating under the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants and Rock Bottom Restaurants & Breweries brands. As a leader in the casual dining segment, CraftWorks also operates strong regional brands, including ChopHouse and Big River, and employs more than 12,000 people throughout the U.S. All of CraftWorks’ restaurant brands have innovative menus with made-from-scratch food and a vast selection of unique craft beer, as well as unbeatable service and loyalty programs that tout over a half-million active members. Based in Broomfield, Colo., CraftWorks is not only committed to serving its loyal guests, but also the communities in which its restaurants operate. In 2000, the CraftWorks Foundation was formed and has contributed millions of dollars, positively impacting communities throughout the country. For additional information about CraftWorks, the foundation and its craft brewery restaurant brands, please visit www.craftworksrestaurants.com.