Limited Time Carnitas Menu Items Include Two New Epic Burritos
Del Taco has announced that starting November 6th and for a limited time only, slow-braised, shredded pork Carnitas will be making a much-anticipated return to the menu. Slow cooked until tender in small batch kettles, this guest favorite will be a flavorful complement to Del Taco’s already fresh and delicious offerings, sure to tantalize the taste buds. Starting on November 6th, Del Taco Facebook fans can also receive a coupon for a free medium drink with any Epic Burrito purchase by visiting www.facebook.com/deltaco.
“Due to popular demand, we are reintroducing Carnitas to our Del Taco fans, with old favorites and two exciting new Epic Burritos,” said John Cappasola, executive vice president and chief brand officer, Del Taco LLC. “The launch of Carnitas highlights our ongoing dedication to providing guests with high quality items without sacrificing the speed and convenience of a drive thru, all at an unmatched price.”
With five menu items to choose from, there is a perfect pick for any Carnitas fan.
- New Epic Carnitas Chipotle Burrito combines Carnitas, seasoned black beans, fresca lime rice, creamy chipotle sauce, freshly-grated cheddar cheese and hand-chopped pico de gallo salsa
- New Epic Carnitas & Papas Burrito combines Carnitas, crinkle-cut fries, hand-chopped pico de gallo salsa, fresh sour cream and creamy guacamole
- Carnitas Taco al Carbon features Carnitas, zesty California chile sauce, hand-chopped onions and cilantro in two corn tortillas
- Carnitas Combo Burrito features slow-cooked beans, Carnitas, signature fire-roasted green sauce and freshly-grated cheddar cheese
- Carnitas Loaded Fries features crinkle-cut fries topped with Carnitas, freshly-grated cheddar cheese, Del Taco’s secret sauce, hand-chopped onions and cilantro
2014 marks Del Taco’s 50th anniversary. At Del Taco, all menu items taste better because they are made to order with fresh ingredients including cheddar cheese grated from 40-pound blocks, handmade pico de gallo salsa, lard-free beans slow-cooked from scratch, and marinated chicken grilled in the restaurant. The menu includes classic Mexican dishes such as tacos, burritos, quesadillas and nachos as well as American favorites including hamburgers, crinkle-cut fries and shakes. In 2013, Del Taco announced a rebranding effort and the “UnFreshing Believable” advertising campaign to communicate the lengths the company goes to in order to deliver quality, made-to-order menu items created with freshly-prepared ingredients. Del Taco also serves breakfast featuring a full line of breakfast burritos. Del Taco has close to 550 restaurants in 16 states serving more than three million guests each week. The nation’s leading consumer review magazine named Del Taco as having the “Best Value for Your Money” in its annual survey on “America’s Best Fast Food (and the Worst).” The results appeared in the August 2014 issue of the magazine and were based on opinions of 96,000 diners nationwide who had meals at 65 restaurant chains. Consumers can receive coupons for free food by “liking” Del Taco on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deltaco or joining our Raving Fan eClub at www.DelTaco.com/RavingFan. For more information, please visit www.deltaco.com.