Kids Fit Menu, just $1.99 with coupon, begins Jan. 11
Millions of adults from coast to coast will be resolving to eat healthier in the New Year; but what about their kids?
Beginning Jan. 11, El Fenix is making it easier – and even more affordable – for kids to eat healthier too, with its new Kids Fit Menu designed for kids 12 and under. Each meal features two servings of fruits and vegetables and is just $1.99 with a coupon* that may be downloaded from El Fenix’s web site (http://bit.ly/KidsFitCoupon)
*Drink included. Dine-in only. Limit 2 kids meals per adult entrée ordered, up to 10 kids meals at this price per party. Not valid on reserved parties.
Developed by a local high school culinary student in partnership with Medical City Children’s Hospital in Dallas, El Fenix’s Kids Fit Menu allows kids to build their own meals by choosing from an array of delicious, low-fat/calorie entrées and sides, along with a glass of apple juice.
Entrée options (pick one):
- Taco Pizza – crispy chalupa shell topped with pinto beans, picadillo meat, tomatoes and queso fresco
- Rollie Pollie Quesadilla – flour tortilla, shredded chicken, diced yellow squash and cheese
- Chicken Soft Tacos – 2 corn tortillas, shredded chicken, red bell pepper, avocado, cheese and sour cream
Side options (pick one):
- Cinnamon Oranges – mandarin oranges with cinnamon sprinkled on top
- Steamed Veggies – yellow squash and zucchini bites, steamed on the grill
- Sweet Nachos – sweet and crispy apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon, raisins and topped with whipped cream
Normally priced at $4.99, the special $1.99 Kids Fit Meal coupon is valid through Feb. 7, 2016.
There are 22 El Fenix restaurants located throughout North Texas, and at WinStar World Casino & Resort. To find the one nearest you, visit ElFenix.com.
El Fenix was founded in 1918 by Mike Martinez, a Mexican immigrant who opened a small restaurant on the corner of Griffin Street and McKinney Avenue in Dallas. Often, at its main location in downtown Dallas, the lunchtime line of patrons spills out the front door and down Alamo Street. El Fenix is renowned as the originator of “Tex-Mex cuisine” and the restaurant’s Wednesday “Enchilada Dinner Special,” which features two cheese enchiladas, refried beans, and rice. Acquired by Firebird Restaurant Group in 2008, El Fenix was refurbished with freshened interiors and a revamped menu, while maintaining its signature core menu and products. In 2010 Nation’s Restaurant News named El Fenix one of its 50 All-American Icons, “restaurants that stole our hearts and stood the test of time.” For more information and locations, visit ElFenix.com.