The Daytime Café will donate a portion of all Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast sales to help end childhood hunger in U.S.
First Watch, the nation’s leading breakfast, brunch and lunch concept, announced today that in conjunction with the introduction of its new Fall menu, the award-winning eatery will donate 10 cents to No Kid Hungry for every Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast sold during September. The company’s Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast has proven to be its most popular and highly anticipated Fall seasonal menu item.
The Fall fundraiser is only a small supplement to the 25 cents First Watch contributes to No Kid Hungry from every kid’s meal sold year round. No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. This is First Watch’s ninth consecutive year of support.
“No Kid Hungry’s mission to end childhood hunger at home is something we are proud to stand behind,” said Chris Tomasso, president of First Watch. “One in five children struggles with hunger, and that’s undoubtedly too many. We’re so humbled to work alongside this great organization and the other businesses in our communities once again for this cause. It’s the least we can do to up our contributions during the month of September and do our part to help feed these kids where they live, learn and play.”
First Watch’s limited-time Fall menu brings back two customer favorites while introducing two new, innovative dishes. Customers can find the following seasonal offerings in addition to the traditional breakfast, brunch and lunch favorites at their local First Watch through Sunday, November 6:
- Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast – Two fresh cage-free eggs cooked any style plus one of our signature spiced Pumpkin Pancakes and Aidells grilled all-natural Chicken & Apple Sausage.
- Butternut Squash & Wild Mushroom Frittata – A classic frittata with house-roasted butternut squash, Crimini and Shiitake mushrooms, green onions and topped with Monterey Jack, Parmesan and fresh herbs. Served with lemon dressed mixed greens and a toasted ciabatta crisp.
- Fig & Prosciutto Toast – Shaved prosciutto on whole grain artisan toast with fig spread, lemon ricotta cream and lemon dressed arugula. Finished with a drizzle of fig balsamic glaze and EVOO. Served with two basted fresh cage-free eggs.
- Butternut Squash Bisque – Rich and creamy butternut squash soup sweetened with carrot and a touch of nutmeg. Garnished with sour cream and fresh herbs. (vegetarian)
First Watch begun to expand its beverage program with the introduction of a Fresh Juice Bar in 2015 and has since been juicing in-house daily from fresh fruits and vegetables sourced locally whenever possible. Since the program’s launch, the restaurant has extended its Fresh Juice Bar offerings, which include two permanent juices – Day Glow and Kale Tonic – and a number of seasonal options throughout the year. This Fall, First Watch is featuring a refreshing new beverage, available for a limited time:
- Root Down – Carrot, Fuji apple, beet, lemon and organic ginger.
First Watch serves its entire menu seven days a week from 7 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The restaurant also offers customers complimentary newspapers and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
First Watch specializes in award-winning, made-to-order Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch. A recipient of more than 200 “Best Breakfast” and “Best Brunch” accolades, First Watch offers traditional favorites, such as omelets, pancakes, sandwiches and salads, and unique specialty items like Quinoa Power Bowls, Avocado Toast and the Chickichanga. First Watch was named a 2015 Top Consumer Pick by Nation’s Restaurant News and a 2014 Top Franchise Value by FSR Magazine. First Watch is the largest and fastest-growing daytime-only restaurant concept in the U.S. with more than 290 restaurants in 26 states, including more than 190 First Watch restaurants and 100 The Egg & I restaurants as well as one The Good Egg restaurant in Phoenix and one Bread & Company restaurant in Nashville. For more information, visit firstwatch.com.