Eight new centers to open featuring cutting-edge prototype design
Dallas-based Main Event Entertainment, the fastest-growing bowling-anchored restaurant and entertainment brand in America, will bring its distinctive “Eat. Bowl. Play” experience to new communities across the U.S.
Beginning in November and continuing through mid-2017, Main Event will be opening eight new locations now under construction throughout the country. Four of those locations represent new geographic markets for the company. Pointe Orlando, Fla., opening in mid-November, showcases the brand’s newest design prototype including VPlay Reality, the first multi-player virtual reality experience in the United States. The rest of the centers will likewise feature elements of the cutting-edge prototype that elevates the brand’s unique Eat. Bowl. Play. experience to an entirely new level.
Other locations under construction include Suwanee, Ga.; Indianapolis, Ind.; Humble, Tex.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Gilbert, Ariz.; Kansas City, Kan. and Knoxville, Tenn. The Orlando grand opening ushers in the 30th Main Event in the United States and by mid-2017, the company projects to have 37 centers open across the country.
“Main Event is growing at a rapid pace and we are on track to open a center a month over the next eight months,” said Charlie Keegan, President & CEO of Main Event Entertainment. “That represents a record number of center openings and enables us to introduce our brand to four new markets. This is an extremely exciting time to be at Main Event, as we not only expand within our core markets, but branch out to new areas where guests have yet to experience our brand.”
With centers ranging from 45,000 to 75,000 square feet, Main Event offers state-of-the-art bowling, multi-level laser tag, gravity ropes, more than 100 virtual and interactive video games, chef-inspired dining and a high-energy contemporary bar. Main Event Entertainment is the perfect place for families and young adults to Head For Fun.
Main Event is also the ideal place to host special events such as corporate team building, group outings and birthday parties for all ages. Main Event consistently is ranked as the “Best Place for Parties.” Main Event features private rooms, full service catering and the latest AV technology.
The new prototype design debuting in Orlando this month offers a rich and energized social experience for guests, featuring a combination of both natural and contemporary finishes that create an environment that is appealing to both young adults and families. Simply painted raw and exposed structural elements married with abstract iconography redefine the brand as well as provide a fun and visually rich environment. The new prototype also satisfies guests’ appetite for fun by offering innovative American Fare in its dining room, Italian-inspired food at LaBella’s and handcrafted cocktails in a high-energy bar.
With each new center, Main Event hires more than 150 team members for management, sales, technical services and food and beverage positions. Candidates interested in joining the Main Event team are encouraged to apply at mainevent.com/careers.
Keegan also emphasized that Main Event’s rapid growth would not be possible without a talented executive team:
- Rebeca Johnson, Chief Marketing Officer – a 25-year veteran in marketing, advertising and menu/restaurant innovation for such major consumer brands as Applebee’s, KFC, Doritos, Lay’s Potato Chips, and Cheetos;
- Chandra McCormack, Chief Financial Officer – a 30-year finance leader in both public and private companies, including Dean Foods and Deloitte Consulting;
- Nancy LaMons, Chief People Officer – her 25-year career in human resources spans multiple industries and iconic brands, including PepsiCo, JC Penney, GE and Sprouts Farmer’s Market;
- Steven Klohn, Chief Information Officer – an innovative technology champion whose 23-year career began in the United States Marine Corps and progressed through retail and casual dining before joining Main Event this year;
- Peter Del Monte, VP of Technical Services – a 40-year veteran of the bowling/entertainment industry who has worked at Main Event since its inception in 1998;
- Tom Finocchiaro, VP of Operations Excellence – previously led key strategic operational initiatives for both Applebee’s and Chili’s, and at Ernst & Young, where he consulted with clients on acquisitions, project management and IT; and,
- Wayne Stancil, VP of Operations – his 36-year career includes an extensive background in high-volume casual dining and entertainment brands.
“Each member of our executive team plays a critical role in positioning us for this next stage of growth at Main Event,” said Keegan. “I’m counting on them to work together, and with their respective teams of talented employees, to make certain that we continue to provide the most exceptional experience for our guests in both existing and new centers even as we continuously raise the bar for ourselves and our industry.”
The rapidly growing company will be moving to its new support center in Plano, Texas in early December. “Our new space will allow for improved collaboration and communications across all functions as well as providing the most modern and up-to-date conveniences for a company poised for future growth,” said Keegan.
Founded in 1998, Dallas-based Main Event Entertainment is rapidly growing, with 30 restaurant and entertainment centers across the United States. Main Event features a unique Eat. Bowl. Play experience for groups to let their fun out together. Serving over 20 million guests annually, Main Event offers state of the art bowling, over 100 virtual and interactive games, multi-level laser tag, chef-inspired dining and a high-energy, full-service bar, making it the perfect place for families, young adults and groups of all ages to Head for Fun.
Learn more and see our photo gallery at mainevent.com.