Guest Feedback Inspires the Return of Six Winners to Starting Lineup
Everybody loves a comeback – and at Hickory Tavern, guests are getting six amazing comebacks to enjoy. Hickory Tavern has reintroduced six “Returning Favorites,” menu items that fans so clamored for to return that Hickory Tavern couldn’t help but oblige.
“We’re not a big corporation telling our guests what they should eat,” said Hickory Tavern CMO Thom Perez. “We talk to our guests and more importantly, listen to them. We value their feedback. The bottom line is we brought back the six dishes our guests missed the most and couldn’t be happier about it.”
The six Returning Favorites are:
- Crab Dip – made with lump crab and cream cheese and served with pita points
- Louisiana Gumbo – fresh shrimp, tilapia, crabmeat and vegetables over rice with a rich mahogany roux
- Chicken Salad Sandwich – house-made chicken salad, lettuce, tomato on grilled sourdough
- Tavern Turkey Club – a kicked-up classic, with Applewood-smoked bacon and brown sugar mustard served hot on a Telera roll
- Telera Cheese Steak – thinly shaved and seasoned beef with grilled veggies and cheese sauce on a Telera roll
- Steamed Shrimp – seasoned peel & eat shrimp, served with cocktail sauce and two sides
Even more good news for shrimp lovers: every Tuesday, guests can enjoy Hickory Tavern’s All You Can Eat Shrimp Night from 4 pm –10 pm.
The six Returning Favorites are flagged on the menu with a red “RF” icon, making it easy to see what the dishes that simply would not be forgotten.
“When our guests consistently and overwhelmingly showed their passion for these dishes, absent for mere months, we knew that bringing them back was the right move,” added Perez. “We’re proud that the menu at our family and sports-friendly Hickory Tavern has inspired the kind of fandom that customers usually reserve for their teams. It’s a passion we understand, appreciate and reward.”
Founded in 1997, the Hickory Tavern brand has grown to 22 restaurants in 13 communities across the southeastern United States. Its unique brand of casual dining, lively bar atmosphere, upscale menu and a passion for sports makes it universally inviting and the perfect dining destination no matter what time of day: Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner, Late Night or Gameday. Perhaps best known for being named runner up in ESPN’s Best Sports Bar in North America and being cited by The Bleacher Report as the best local bar in the NFL city of Charlotte, the family-friendly brand recently expanded its footprint with 5 new openings in 2015, including Memphis, Winston-Salem, NC, Birmingham, Alabama, Indian Land, SC and most recently, Rock Hill, SC.