Six New Limited-Time Only Specials Feature Lucille’s Trademark Authentic Southern Flavors
Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que, a purveyor of award-winning, savory, Southern-style food in 19 full-service, high-energy restaurants throughout California, Arizona and Nevada, will introduce six new menu offerings for summer in its “Perfect Southern Summer Meals” lineup beginning April 16.
The limited-time only specials include three, less traditional Southern dishes updated with Lucille’s famous authentic Southern flavors, and three more traditional menu items introduced for the first time at Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que restaurants. And, for a summer refresher, Lucille’s has brought back its popular Peach Lemonade made with Lucille’s famous Sidewalk Lemonade blended deliciously with peaches.
“When we were developing our new ‘Perfect Southern Summer Meals,’ we wanted to build on the authentic Southern dishes served everyday at Lucille’s and also add a southern twist to a few, less conventional Southern dishes,” said Craig Hofman, president, Hofman Hospitality Group, which owns and operates all Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que restaurants. “Our culinary team has excelled again with these summertime specials.”
The new entrées include:
- BBQ Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Not usually found on the menus of smokehouse BBQ restaurants, Lucille’s has added a Southern twist to its lettuce wraps. A vibrant mix of grilled chicken breast, butter lettuce, corn salsa, black bean relish, cheddar cheese, sweet slaw, julienne carrots and cucumbers served with Lucille’s BBQ sauce and spicy ranch dressing for dipping.
- Smokehouse Brisket Chili – Chili takes a trip to the South with Lucille’s succulent smoked brisket, smoked vine-ripened tomatoes, onions, red beans and spices – all simmered low and slow. This dish comes garnished with tortilla strips, sour cream, cheddar cheese and onions with generous helping of homemade cornbread.
- Lucille’s Homemade Pastrami Sandwich – Lucille’s has turned up the heat on the traditional pastrami sandwich, combining house-cured and smoked tri tip pastrami, Swiss cheese, Creole mustard, sliced pickles and creamy coleslaw piled high on a grilled pretzel bun. Served with a side of Lucille’s BBQ potato chips.
- BBQ Ribs and Burnt Ends Platter – Sit down and choose between a half rack of ribs and brisket burnt ends, served with two of Lucille’s signature sides.
- Southern Gulf Shrimp and Grits – Dig into a real taste of the South with a generous helping of jumbo gulf shrimp sautéed with smoked tomatoes, Tasso ham, mushrooms, sweet peppers, scallions and cream ladled over Lucille’s buttery grits.
- Cajun Skirt Steak and Jumbo Gulf Prawns – Cajun-spiced skirt steak and jumbo gulf prawns, grilled and served with Bourbon butter, buttery grits and corn succotash make this an authentic, Southern-style meal to remember all summer long.
Signal Hill, Calif.-based Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que (lucillesbbq.com) offers award-winning, savory, Southern-style food in 19 full-service, high-energy restaurants throughout California, Arizona and Nevada. Signature slow-smoked barbeque, flavorful appetizers, soups, salads, burgers, sides and desserts are served with a large helping of down-home, friendly service. Lucille’s restaurants are reminiscent of a Southern roadhouse replete with its distinctive front Southern decor, and also offer Live Blues entertainment in the Flying Pig Lounges. Family-owned, Lucille’s has plans to expand its unique brand of Southern hospitality to more locations in the future. For more information, visit lucillesbbq.com, facebook.com/LucillesSmokehouseBBQ or twitter.com/Lucilles_BBQ.