Gourmet French Syrups Unveil Yuzu Lemon and French Nougat
To help barmen and baristas capture the latest flavor trends, Mason Routin’s 1883, known for its range of gourmet syrups imported from the French Alps to flavor coffee based drinks, cocktails, sodas, beers and granitas, today announced the introduction of two new flavors, Yuzu Lemon and French Nougat.
“We pursued flavors that represented our brand’s vibrant creativity and close connection to the latest trends in international cuisine, so the two new syrups were inspired by flavors most popular with the world’s greatest chefs,” says Olivier LeCoeur, the CEO of Routin. “We’re very excited to present these bold beverage syrups to the U.S. market.”
The combination of the mandarin and lemon flavors in 1883’s Yuzu Lemon syrup carries a strong balance and subtle acidity because of its powerful and zesty aroma. Complemented by aromatic herbs, spices, and fleshy fruits, the complex mandarin and lemon flavors are best mixed with fresh and fruity cocktails both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, or even a simple glass of sparkling water.
A trademark of traditional French cuisine, 1883’s French Nougat syrup is filled with intense flavors of honey, almond, vanilla, roasted scents, and a dash of orange blossom. The French Nougat syrup blends best in hot or cold milk, coffee, or chocolate-based drinks, while the delectable honey flavor mixes well in alcoholic creations. For an added boost of tasty creativity, the French Nougat syrup can elevate the flavor of pastries, ice cream, whipped cream, sauces and other creamy desserts.
Both syrups are available in 1L glass bottles and are sold in the U.S. at the following wholesalers and beverage distributors: Fortuna Enterprises, Espresso Soci, Creative Drinks, Specialty Beverage Concepts, Intermix Beverage, and Cool Beans Coffee Roaster.
All of 1883’s beverage syrups contain no preservatives, are made only with cane sugar and water from the French Alps. Additionally, all of their fruit flavored syrups contain juices, not just aromas.
As the Maison Routin brand continues to deliver innovative syrups such as Yuzu Lemon and French Nougat, to meet the industries ever-evolving needs, the brand is also introducing a new up-tempo brand identity for 1883. Using a modern musical theme of ‘Flavor Vibes’, the brand transformation introduces:
- A crisp new logo design embodying the obsessive quest for perfect balance that guides Maison Routin’s work. The two 8s in the new logo intertwine to represent liquids in a shaker, while the logo also emphasizes the products’ French Alp origins.
- New bottle designed with both elegance and easy handling in mind. The square-edged design features gradual shoulders, while the neck is more slender and the overall weight off the bottles has been reduced.
- Labels focuses on the main ingredient of the syrup, set against a white background, to highlight the fruit. The overall design expresses a combination of intensity, purity and expertise.
- The Flavor Vibes platform has been created in recognition that music is very much part of both a barman and barista’s working day, be it an up-tempo dance tune or soothing Ballard.
- Flavor Vibes also represents the fusion of aromas, aromatic intensity, and the artistic blending of ingredients. To reflect this, 1883 syrups have been organized into six musical groups classical, jazz, rock, pop, reggae and Rock N’ Roll.
- Launch of Club 83, an online platform to promote interaction between professionals, enabling them to share their knowledge and recipes.