McAlister’s Deli Kicks off 8th Annual Free Tea Day, July 21, With Consumer Survey and Announcement of Sweet Tea Beer in Partnership with Red Brick Brewing Company
In celebration of its 8th annual Free Tea Day, McAlister’s Deli, a leading fast casual chain, conducted a survey of 1000+ consumers, ages 18-64, across the United States to find out how much they love sweet tea – and the survey findings revealed that Americans’ love of sweet tea runs deep! In fact, 57% of respondents said they would rather give up chocolate than a perfect glass of sweet tea! McAlister’s will honor their loyal fans and keep the tradition going on July 21 when guests who visit any of the participating locations for the 8th annual Free Tea Day will receive a free 32-ounce glass of McAlister’s Famous Tea. Additionally, the first 25 guests in line will receive a Free Tea Day t-shirt.
In celebration of Free Tea Day and to further acknowledge consumers’ love for a good cold drink, the brand has also announced an exclusive collaboration with Red Brick, a leading Atlanta-based brewery, to create a sweet tea beer using McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea, which will be available exclusively at Red Brick in Atlanta, Georgia, in late August.
“We’ve always known our Tea Freaks are die-hard sweet tea fans, but this survey was a unique and engaging way for us to connect with them and truly understand how much they love sweet tea,” said Rick Altizer, president, McAlister’s Deli. “We’re very excited to partner with Red Brick and work with another Atlanta-based company and celebrate our city’s passions for sweet tea and craft beer.”
Interested in more? Additional findings from the national survey revealed that Americans are not only serious about their sweet tea, but they have very specific ways they like to enjoy the perfect glass:
- What Would You Give Up? More than half (69%) of respondents say a perfect glass of sweet tea is better than a good afternoon nap and 43% of respondents are willing to trade a cup of coffee for a glass of sweet tea.
- Going the Distance – Almost half (48%) of respondents would drive at least three miles out of their way for a perfect glass of sweet tea.
- The Great Lemon Debate – The majority of respondents (57%) prefer their sweet tea with lemon.
- Sweet Tea Has No Season – An overwhelming majority (93%) of respondents say sweet tea can be enjoyed year round, not just summer time.
- The United States of Sweet Tea – The Southeast is home to the most sweet tea lovers with 34% reporting enjoying a glass every day. The Southwest is a close runner up with 33% reporting daily sweet tea drinking, followed by the Northeast with 28% of daily sweet tea drinkers. Midwestern and Westerners tied for last place with 22% of local respondents reporting a daily sweet tea habit.
In addition to visiting a local McAlister’s to enjoy a cup of sweet tea on Free Tea Day, fans can join in on the fun by sharing their photos and videos showing why they are the Tea Freakiest and using the hashtag #FreeTeaDay2016 on Twitter and Instagram.
Tea Freaks in the Atlanta area are invited to join McAlister’s and Red Brick in a celebration of sweet tea, craft beer and all things Atlanta on Saturday, August 27. From 11am – 5pm, Red Brick will be serving McAlister’s Famous Tea Beer accompanied by live music and complimentary light bites from McAlister’s. Tickets will be available for purchase at Red Brick Brewery on August 27 at 11am. Red Brick Brewery is located at: 2323 Defoor Hills Road, Atlanta, GA 30318.
Founded in 1989, McAlister’s Deli is a fast casual restaurant chain known for its sandwiches, spuds, soups, salads, desserts and McAlister’s Famous Sweet Tea. In addition to dine-in and take-out service, McAlister’s also offers catering with a selection of sandwich trays, box lunches, desserts, a hot spud bar and more. With numerous industry accolades, the McAlister’s brand has more than 361 restaurants in 28 states. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga. For more information, visit www.mcalistersdeli.com.
Founded in 1993, Red Brick began their brewing odyssey at a small building in downtown Atlanta. They have established a 20-year tradition of producing fresh, interesting, and delicious brews for your drinking pleasure. They pride themselves on crafting a variety of year round and seasonal offerings, including their exclusive Brick Mason series.
Allison+Partners Research + Insights team surveyed 1,050 individuals between the ages of 18 and 64. The survey was fielded using the Qualtrics Insight Platform and panel was provided by Qualtrics panel services. Fielding was executed between June 13 and June 15, 2016.