Olive Garden is introducing two new Culinary Tours of Italy to provide guests with even more variety of unique Italian flavors. Guests will be able to vote for which dish – the Northern or Southern Tour of Italy – is added to the Olive Garden menu. Each Tour is inspired by Olive Garden’s chefs Flavio Tagliaferro and Paolo Lafata and the regions of Italy where they grew up.
For a limited time, guests can savor the rich flavors featured in the Northern Tour of Italy or spice things up with the bold and bright tastes showcased in the Southern Tour of Italy. The Tours feature a variety of three dishes and start at $15.49.
- Northern Tour of Italy:
- Asiago Tortelloni with Meat Sauce has rich and decadent meat and cheese flavors
- Chicken Lombardy is topped with smoked mozzarella and provolone cheeses, a creamy parmesan sauce and bacon
- Fettuccine with Creamy Parmesan Portobello Sauce features savory mushrooms, a classic northern Italian ingredient
- Southern Tour of Italy:
- Mezzaluna Marinara is filled with cheese and topped with homemade sauce
- Spicy Pesto Shrimp is topped with a blend of Calabrian peppers, ripe tomatoes, basil and garlic
- Bucatini with Spicy Tomato Bacon Sauce features a smoky flavor with crushed red pepper
“The Classic Tour of Italy is one of our most popular entrees,” said Jay Spenchian, Olive Garden’s executive vice president of marketing. “We are excited to introduce two dishes inspired by the hometown flavors of our executive chefs and give our guests an opportunity to vote for which Tour will be added to the menu.”
Crowdsourcing the Next Entree
Throughout the promotion, guests can vote for their preferred Tour by using #TeamNorth or #TeamSouth on Twitter or Instagram. Guests can also place votes by purchasing a Tour of Italy in restaurant. The Tour with the most votes will be added to the Olive Garden menu. Guests who cast their vote will also be entered for a chance to win a trip to Italy. Follow the votes and learn more about the sweepstakes by visiting ItalianFanFavorite.com.
Signature Classics Just $10
Additionally, guests can enjoy a selection of Olive Garden’s classic dishes for just $10 through Nov. 20, 2014. The offer is valid Monday through Thursday, and each entree is always served with homemade soup or garden fresh salad and fresh baked garlic breadsticks:
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce homemade with pan-seared beef, Italian sausage and seasoned with herbs and spices
- Five Cheese Ziti al Forno with an indulgent blend of Italian cheeses, ziti pasta and five-cheese marinara sauce baked golden brown
- Eggplant Parmigiana with fresh eggplant hand-breaded and lightly fried, topped with homemade marinara and melted mozzarella cheese and served with spaghetti
- Ravioli di Portobello, ravioli filled with flavorful portobello mushrooms, topped with a rich and creamy smoked cheese and sun-dried tomato sauce
For more information and to find your nearest Olive Garden restaurant, visit OliveGarden.com.