Pizza Inn, Inc. recently hosted its 2012 National Franchise Convention in Destin, FL, where franchisees and team members were honored for their contributions to the company.
The three day event was held July 29-31 and featured presentations from company leaders, breakout and educational sessions and an awards ceremony celebrating top performers. Honorees included:
- Keith Herrley, franchise owner of Pizza Inn in Big Spring, TX, received the Restaurant of the Year Award for his exceptional restaurant, crew and management team’s commitment to operational excellence.
- Tom Smith, franchise owner of two Pizza Inn locations in Springfield, MO, received the Griff Glover Franchisee of The Year Award symbolizing exemplary dedication to customer satisfaction, community service and leadership.
- Tim Broome, franchise owner of Pizza Inn locations in Elizabethton, TN and Johnson City, TN, received the first annual H.M. Poythress Award for consistently demonstrating a passion for the highest quality products and exemplary service for the Pizza Inn brand. The award is in honor of H.M. Poythress, who helped develop the Pizza Inn brand in North Carolina.
- Bill Simmons, franchise owner of Pizza Inn locations in High Point, NC and Shelby, NC, received the Extreme Makeover Award in recognition of his accomplishments in sales growth and customer satisfaction through renovations and upgrades to his long-standing locations.
- Will Page, president of Division One Foods, received the Paul Turner Award presented by the Pizza Inn Franchise Association for outstanding personal contribution and commitment by a franchisee.
- Chef Andy Wittman, Pizza Inn culinary operations manager, received the Golden Crust Award as voted on by franchisees for the Pizza Inn corporate employee who goes above and beyond. Wittman is a driving force behind the culinary innovations at Pizza Inn, debuting new products, limited-time offers and seasonal creations to rave reviews.
- Ed Copeland, Sr., franchise owner of Pizza Inn in Henderson, NC and a partner in several locations, received the Legacy Award for his longevity and contributions. Copeland has operated his location for 40 years.
Pizza Inn also revealed the winners of its 2012 Culinary Challenge during the convention. Franchisees and their employees submitted their original recipes for two categories: “Pizza” and “Other” which was inclusive of appetizers, Pizzerts, Pizza Inn’s signature dessert pizzas, salads and sandwiches.
Case Clinger, franchise owner of Pizza Inn in Floyd, VA, received the Culinary Pizza Challenge Award for his Krazy Chicken Pizza loaded with sweet chili sauce and ranch. Heather Vermillon, who works as a manager at Pizza Inn in Elizabethton, TN, received the Culinary Pizza Challenge Award for her Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip dessert, which is made with a cake mix, peanut butter morsels and chocolate chips.
Headquartered in the Dallas suburb of The Colony, Texas, Pizza Inn Holdings, Inc., is an owner, franchisor and supplier of a system of restaurants operating domestically and internationally under the trademarks “Pizza Inn” and “Pie Five Pizza Co.” Pizza Inn is an international pizza chain featuring traditional and specialty pizzas, as well as freshly made pastas, sandwiches, and desserts. Pie Five Pizza Co. is a new fast-casual concept offering individual pizzas made to order and cooked in less than five minutes. Founded in 1958, publicly traded Pizza Inn Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq:PZZI) franchises approximately 300 restaurants and directly owns and operates 10 restaurants. For more information, please visit www.pizzainn.com.