US Foods and the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board today announced the winners of their first-ever Wisconsin Cheeseburger contest. US Foods customers nationwide were eligible to submit recipes from June 1 – July 31 and 15 winners were selected for their trend-setting cheeseburgers.
Winners were selected based on creativity, originality, innovative cooking techniques, use of current industry trends and the inclusion of Wisconsin cheese.
“We love the enthusiasm of our customers across the country as they entered their mouth-watering cheeseburger recipes in the competition,” said Eric Cronert, vice president of brand marketing, US Foods. “We saw a lot of great, original submissions from innovative chefs in the industry who continually surprise and delight diners with delicious, flavorful dishes.”
The winning burger recipes were from restaurants around the country:
- Branch Bistro and Catering, Springfield, Mo. — “Inside Out Bloody Mary Cheeseburger “
- Naifeh’s Deli & Grill, Cushing, Okla. — “The Nearly Perfect Tabouli Cheeseburger”
- The Help Desk, Kosciusko, Miss. — “Bohemian Cheeseburger”
- The Grand Oasis, Mobridge, S.D. — “South of the Border Cheeseburger”
- Ginger Cove, Annapolis, Md. — “Asian Pork Cheeseburger”
- Papa Mojo’s Roadhouse, Durham, N.C. — “Cheeseburger Po Boy”
- Red Robin Restaurants, Allentown, Pa. — “Kobe or Not Kobe Cheeseburger”
- Addison’s – An American Grill, Columbia, Mo. — “Super Deluxe Happy Fun Time Cheeseburger”
- Spirits Pub & Grub, Cary, N.C. — “Firecracker Cheeseburger”
- Shepherd University Dining Services, Shepherdstown, W. Va. — “Medical Alert Cheeseburger”
- Big Dog’s Brewing Co., Las Vegas, Nev. — “Black Angus Cheeseburger”
- Top of the Hill Restaurant & Brewery, Chapel Hill, N.C. — “Poblano Cheeseburger”
- Guest Services, Inc., Fairfax, Va. — “Sheboygan Brat Cheeseburger”
- Barcelona Tapas Restaurant, Indianapolis, Ind. — “Barcelona Cheese Cheeseburger”
- Lumberyard Taproom and Grille, Flagstaff, Ariz. — “Vietnamese Cheeseburger”
Winners receive an all-inclusive trip (including transportation and lodging) to Wisconsin for a chef tour at a Wisconsin cheese manufacture plant, with hands on cheese training including beverage and culinary pairings with cheese.
The winning recipes will be featured on the US Foods website at www.usfoods.com.