STACKED: Food Well Built, the award-winning, full-service restaurant with an innovative ordering approach using proprietary tabletop tablets, which enables guests to fully customize their meals, opened its fourth restaurant on March 20, 2013, at The Oaks Mall in Thousand Oaks, Calif. Since the first STACKED opened in May 2011, the restaurant concept has won several coveted awards including the National Restaurant Association’s Operator Innovations Award for Technology, and Nation’s Restaurants News’2012 Hot Concepts award. STACKED also has restaurants in Torrance, Cerritos and San Diego.
The new restaurant at The Oaks seats approximately 200 guests in its 4,500 square feet of interior space, and two patio areas. It is located at the entrance to The Oaks Mall across from Cheesecake Factory. The Oaks is located at 350 West Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks, Calif., 91360.
At STACKED, guests experience a high-quality menu featuring America’s favorite foods: burgers, pizzas, salads, and mac ‘n’ cheese, plus appetizers, shakes, desserts, and a full bar presenting a wide selection of quality wines, craft beers and specialty cocktails. Upon being seated by a STACKED host, guests begin the process of custom-designing their food by visually “building” their meals on a tabletop iPad that lets them choose among dozens of ingredients to create exactly what they want.
For example, to build a burger, guests can choose from Certified Angus beef, chicken, turkey, salmon or a vegetarian patty, then “stack” it by selecting from four different buns, and dozens of cheeses, toppings and sauces that range from garlic aioli and chipotle mayo to caramelized onions and roasted peppers. The same create-your-own format is used for pizzas, salads, mac ‘n’ cheese, shakes, and desserts. Aiming to please all its guests, STACKED servers also take orders in the more traditional way.
“Our primary goal is and always will be to create a guest-centric dining experience that offers fully customizable, high-quality food at reasonable price,” said Paul Motenko, who, along with another industry veteran, Jerry Hennessy, developed the STACKED concept. “While the iPad technology is our ‘wizard behind the curtain,’ it’s our food and service that always take center stage.”
New Signature Menu Items Get the Creative Juices Flowing
STACKED also offers a variety of signature items built around flavors from across the world. New signature items found at each location include:
- STACKED Pulled Pork Nachos with lightly fried, fresh-cut corn tortillas, piled high and generously topped with chili, pulled pork, Jack & Cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, fried onions, sour cream, cilantro, and avocado.
- Endless Summer Salad built on a spring lettuce mix and topped with grilled chicken breast, red onions, cranberries, caramelized pecans, Point Reyes bleu cheese, and homemade cranberry walnut dressing.
- Jalapeño Bacon Burger made with a fresh, Certified Angus beef patty and topped with tomato, red onion, green leaf lettuce, and jalapeño bacon, pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayo, and jalapeños.
- Sweet & Savory Pizza, which starts with fresh, hand-tossed pizza dough that is laden with mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheeses, caramelized onions. After baking, the pizza is topped with candied pecans, dried cranberries, spring lettuce mix, and a balsamic glaze.
- Chipotle STACKED Mac includes spicy and smoky chipotle, pork Andouille, jalapeño bacon, Roma tomatoes, red onion, and topped with garlic Parmesan breadcrumbs.
- Peanut Butter Heaven, an open-faced, ice cream sandwich on a Peanut Butter with Reese’s Pieces Cookie with fudge track ice cream, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, peanut butter sauce topped with whipped cream and peanuts.
New STACKED Friends Membership Program Is Insiders’ Secret
The new STACKED Friends membership program offers several exclusive benefits including the ability to save favorite STACKED creations for future visits, access to special craft beers and other menu items, special promotions, and invitations to special events. The program also lets guests enter their gastronomic creations into companywide contests with the chance of their creation becoming a STACKED signature item. STACKED Friends will also be treated to “Random Stacks of Kindness” that might include a free dessert or a free meal for their entire party.
Based in Newport Beach, Calif., STACKED: Food Well Built is owned by Stacked Restaurants, LLC and has four locations at the Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego, the Los Cerritos Center in Cerritos, Calif., and at The Oaks in Thousand Oaks, Calif.