SUBWAY restaurants, the world’s largest sandwich chain, recognized 12 franchisee teams as recipients of its 2016 Franchisee of the Year awards, and three teams from its development community as recipients of its Development Agent of the Year awards during the company’s annual meetings in Chicago, Illinois.
“These entrepreneurs exemplify what makes Subway such a great brand,” said Suzanne Greco, president and CEO of SUBWAY restaurants. “They are on the front lines every day delivering an exceptional guest experience.”
SUBWAY Franchisees of the Year
- Fouad Adel Bafakih and Abdul Badia Mohd Dakkak of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Manfred Bolz of Dernbach, Germany
- Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores Inc. of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Olga Nurmasheva of Orenburg, Russia
- Stephen Pasco of Stoke Bishop, England
- Jwalit Patel of Bloomingdale, Illinois
- Rontec Watford Ltd. of Watford, England
- Torsten Rothamel of Kelkheim, Germany
- Alexander Ruscheinsky of Regensburg, Germany
- Jennifer Torres & Jeffery Torres Oh of Yishun, Singapore
Subway Development Agents, who are usually franchisees themselves, create teams in their markets to work with franchisees on a wide range of tasks, from food safety and appearance to new product launches and brand initiatives. In their role, they help franchisees operate exceptional and profitable sandwich shops.
SUBWAY Development Agents of the Year
- Franz Amrhein, Montserrat Odio, and Jan Holtermann in Costa Rica
- Dave Kelsey and Daljit Nahil in the United Kingdom
- Deniz Yasemin in Turkey
Customers in 112 countries have easy access to a fresh line-up of vegetables for their made-to-order sandwiches and salads at any of the more than 44,600 franchised locations. The company, founded 50 years ago by then 17-year-old Fred DeLuca and family-friend Dr. Peter Buck, is still a family-owned business with thousands of dedicated franchisees/entrepreneurs in neighborhoods around the world, providing easy access to vegetables, detailed nutrition, dietary, and healthy lifestyle information. This has been a priority for the SUBWAY restaurants chain for many years. To learn more, visit www.subway.com.