Winter Warmers Menu Focuses on Comfort Food
Breakfast-Lunch favorite Sunny Street Café announced the rollout of a new Limited Time Offer menu, available at all of the chain’s 14 locations. The menu has 8 new items created with comfort food in mind.
The Winter Warmers menu includes a new line of made from scratch muffins. Peanut Butter Mocha, Lemon Blueberry, Brown Sugar Banana Nut and Triple Berry Muffins are just a few of the new offerings created by the Sunny Street Café culinary team. “We’re continuing to expand our homemade offerings,” said Mike Stasko, Vice President of Brand Strategy. “These jumbo muffins are made from scratch daily, and the quality shows. Our guests have responded well to our early tests both in stores and through our catering.”
Other breakfast offerings include Red Velvet Pancakes, a Country Omelette, and a spicy Chorizo Breakfast Burrito. Chorizo continues to be a popular option since it’s introduction at Sunny Street Café’s this summer. This breakfast burrito combines chorizo hash, corn and black bean salsa, peppers, tomatoes, and Habanero Jack cheese, providing some heat during the winter months.
For lunch, Sunny Street Café has continued their line of homemade soups with a new offering of Butternut Squash Soup. “Making our soups in house has been a huge win for us,” Stasko said. “We’ve bolstered our lunch crowd because guests have loved the new soup options. Butternut Squash Soup is new to a lot of people, however it’s healthy and tasty and should be a big hit.”
Continuing with the comfort food theme, Chicken and Biscuits with rosemary roasted chicken, a Harvest Chop Salad, and the classic Buffalo Chicken Sandwich round out the lunch offerings.
The menu, with new items highlighted below, is currently available in all 14 Sunny Street Café locations throughout Ohio, Texas, Missouri and Alabama. It is also available for viewing at www.sunnystreetcafe.com.
New Breakfast Items:
- Homemade Muffins: These special recipe jumbo muffins are made from scratch in our kitchen for your enjoyment. Ask your server about our daily feature – Lemon Blueberry, Peanut Butter Mocha, Triple Berry, and Brown Sugar Banana Nut.
- Red Velvet Pancakes: Our famous buttermilk pancakes transformed into red velvet deliciousness, topped with a homemade cream cheese glaze and whipped cream.
- Country Omelette: A three egg omelette filled with sausage, hash browns, sautéed onions and peppers, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, then topped with our sausage gravy.
- Chorizo Burrito: Spicy chorizo with scrambled eggs, corn and black bean salsa, peppers,tomatoes, and Habanero Jack cheese, wrapped in a grilled tortilla. Served with homemade salsa and sour cream.
New Lunch Items:
- Chicken and Biscuits: We bake buttermilk biscuits and top them with rosemary roasted chicken and vegetables in a rich gravy. The ultimate comfort food!
- Butternut Squash Soup: Silky smooth with a hint of smokiness, our newest homemade soup may be our best yet.
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich: Crispy chicken tenders tossed in our buffalo sauce, with melted cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo on a warm Telera roll.
- Harvest Chop Salad: Fresh greens topped with rosemary roasted chicken, Granny Smith apples, cranberries, red onion, tomatoes, and a chopped hard boiled egg. Served with warm flatbread wedges.
Sunny Street Café operates 14 franchised locations in Ohio, Texas, Missouri and Alabama, open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Restaurants feature a wide variety of breakfast and lunch fare, including signature dishes such as “big as the plate” buttermilk pancakes, Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy, Tex-Mex Omelette, Southwest Turkey Club, Buffalo Chicken Salad, homemade soups, fresh fruit, and from-scratch muffins. Restaurants also offer full service catering, take out and special event hosting. Franchise opportunities are currently available for both first-time owners and existing operators and developers. For more information, visit www.sunnystreetcafe.com.