The fast growing breakfast-lunch chain Sunny Street Café announced the rollout of a new in-store menu, available at all of the chain’s 14 locations. The menu features 15 new items, including a revamped lunch section. The focus is to deliver both a wider selection of unique and lighter breakfast and lunch items, as well as provide great value options.
The menu now features a choice of enhanced sandwiches and salads for lunch. Telera bread and pretzel rolls bolster new sandwiches and burgers, and fresh mixed greens served with wedges of warm flatbread are the basis for all salads. Homemade tomato salsa and corn and black bean salsa also add to both breakfast and lunch fare.
New breakfast items unique to Sunny Street Café include Bananas Foster Pancakes, the Breakfast Quesadilla and the wild caught Atlantic Salmon Benedict. In addition, the new look of the menu highlights “lighter options” for those seeking a meal with lower calories and fat.
The new menu items were the result of extensive consumer research, including in store surveys, blind taste testing and focus groups. “We wanted to pay attention to industry trends, but not lose site of what our core of loyal guests were saying,” said Mike Stasko, Director of Business Development. “Beginning the process with a system wide customer feedback initiative is what shaped the direction we took.”
The menu, with new items highlighted below, is currently available all 14 Sunny Street Café locations throughout Ohio, Texas, and Missouri. It is also available for viewing at www.sunnystreetcafe.com.
NEW BREAKFAST ITEMS:
- Nice Guy Omelette: 3 egg omelette with smoked sausage, sautéed onions and green peppers, and habanero jack cheese.
- Salmon Benedict: Wild caught Atlantic salmon, grilled and topped with fresh spinach, shaved red onion and hollandaise on a toasted English muffin.
- Power Breakfast: Scrambled egg whites, turkey sausage links, fresh cut fruit and wheat toast.
- Bananas Foster Pancakes: Our “big as the plate” buttermilk pancakes topped with a signature caramel banana glaze, finished with chopped walnuts, sliced bananas and whipped cream.
- Breakfast Quesadilla: Scrambled eggs, black bean and corn salsa, tomatoes, red onion and jack cheese stuffed in a flour tortilla, grilled to a golden crisp. Served with homemade salsa.
- Best Breakfast Sandwich: Folded eggs with bacon, ham or sausage and sharp cheddar cheese on a chewy telera roll.
NEW LUNCH ITEMS:
- Black Angus Burgers: Genuine Black Angus beef with signature Sunny Street burger seasoning, char grilled and served on a toasted pretzel bun.
- Too Cool Turkey: Sliced turkey breast with cream cheese, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh spinach on a chewy telera roll.
- Fiesta Wrap: Bacon, corn and black bean salsa, habanero jack cheese and tortilla strips wrapped with lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing.
- Chicken Telera Grill: Marinated chicken breast, char grilled with roasted red peppers, lettuce, tomato, red onion and balsamic vinaigrette on a chewy telera roll.
- Grilled Veggie Flatbread: Sautéed spinach, roasted red peppers, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and black olives with feta cheese and a touch of balsamic vinaigrette served on a grilled flatbread.
- Bavarian Melt: Thinly sliced ham grilled with Swiss cheese, served on a pretzel roll with lettuce, tomato, red onion and whole grain honey Dijon mustard.
- Greek Salad: Chopped cucumbers, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, black olives, red onion and feta cheese tossed over fresh greens. Served with garlic flatbread.
- Harvest Spinach Salad: Baby spinach with chopped walnuts, red onion, bacon bits, feta cheese and seasonal fruit. Served with garlic flatbread.
- Fiesta Salad: Corn and black bean salsa, tomatoes, and red onion over fresh greens, topped with crispy tortilla strips, chili and cheddar-jack cheese. Served with garlic flatbread, sour cream and homemade salsa.
Sunny Street Café operates 14 franchised locations in Ohio, Texas and Missouri. Ohio and Texas locations are open daily from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Missouri locations are open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Restaurants feature a wide variety of breakfast and lunch fare, including “big as the plate” Buttermilk Pancakes, “create your own” Omelettes, Stuffed Biscuits and Gravy, Black Angus Burgers, Monterey Ranch Chicken Wrap, Buffalo Chicken Salad and a quiche of the day. Restaurants also offer takeout, catering and special event hosting. Franchise opportunities are currently available for both first-time owners and existing franchise owner/operators and developers. For more information, visit www.sunnystreetcafe.com.
Mike Stasko Jr.,
614.396.5030, ext. 103 or 614.946.6661