Family-style brunch served to live bluegrass and blues music beginning Saturday
In its less than two years of existence, The Rustic has carved out a distinctive niche among Dallas restaurants with its casual atmosphere, live musical acts and unique, full-service dining experience.
This weekend, the popular Uptown venue is setting out to change the way Dallas eats brunch.
Beginning June 13, and every Saturday and Sunday thereafter, The Rustic will serve its all-new Jam & Toast Brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Bluegrass and blues musicians will serenade brunch guests beginning at noon.
“We’ve been honing our new Jam & Toast Brunch menu for months, because we wanted to create something truly different and special for our loyal guests as well as for people who haven’t tried us out yet,” said Kyle Noonan, co-founder and owner of FreeRange Concepts, which operates The Rustic and other innovative restaurant concepts. “We’re really proud of this new service and we think it has the potential to re-define brunch in Dallas.”
The Rustic’s Jam & Toast Brunch is served family style and includes all of the following “Jam Out” items, priced at just $16.95 per person:
- Cheese and Fruit – Local cheeses, honeycomb, fresh fruit and assorted breads;
- Country Baked Eggs – Sharp white cheddar, chives and organic baby spinach;
- Butchershop Skillet – Bacon and sausage from Rudolph’s Market;
- Hot Chicken – Nashville-style spicy fried chicken and dill pickles;
- Baby Fried Toast – Hand-cut challah soaked in vanilla custard and topped with house-made rosemary syrup;
- Smoked Cheddar Grits – Creamy polenta cakes with roasted poblanos and smokey cheddar on sausage gravy; and,
- Daily Donuts – Small-batch donuts baked fresh.
Top off brunch with one of The Rustic’s “Let’s Toast” beverage options, including:
- Mariposa Mimosa – Rose’ or prosecco, fresh-squeezed orange or grapefruit juice, Brazos Valley marmalade and mixed berry preserves;
- House-made Bloody Mary – With house-pickled okra, Texas beef straws and Peppadew peppers;
- Ruby Redhound – Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka with fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice;
- Corpus Crisp Tea – Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka, Deep Eddy Lemonade Vodka and freshly brewed sweet tea;
- Rustic Screw – Deep Eddy Vodka with fresh-squeezed orange juice;
- Texas Sky – Ambhar Tequila Silver, fresh-squeezed orange juice, black cherry soda and a drunken cherry; and,
- Hog Wild – Herman Marshall bacon-infused bourbon, maple and Luxardo syrup and bacon/brown sugar dust.
Coffees, fresh-squeezed juices and other non-alcoholic options are also available.
In addition, to celebrate the debut of its new brunch service, The Rustic has partnered with the nearby Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing & Visual Arts. A portion of weekend brunch sales will be donated to the school’s music department. Students from Booker T. recently performed for guests during a “trial run” of the restaurant’s brunch service, surprising everyone with a flash mob set to Pharrell’s hit song “Happy.” A video of the flash mob posted to YouTube has been viewed more than 4,000 times.
Music and voice students will resume performing once a month at The Rustic during brunch service when they return to school in the fall.
“We’re just as much a live music venue as we are a restaurant, so we felt it was appropriate and important to support some of Dallas’ most talented, upcoming musicians,” said Josh Sepkowitz, FreeRange Concepts’ other co-founder and owner. “The music program at Booker T is among the best in the nation, and we’re very fortunate to have them right in our back yard. We were blown away by the kids that sang and performed here a few weeks ago, and we can’t wait to bring them back in the fall.”
The Rustic’s farm-fresh, homestyle dishes and Texas-sized selection of wines, spirits and 40 beers on tap have set it apart among Uptown Dallas restaurants. The concept is the brainchild of Noonan, Sepkowitz and Texas country artist Pat Green, whose love of the outdoors and live music helped bring The Rustic to life. The result is a fun and relaxing concert and dining experience from a phenomenal patio, all under the big Texas sky.
Pioneering fresh ideas in the restaurant industry and with local venues like Bowl & Barrel, Mutts Canine Cantina, The Rustic and Local Fare, FreeRange Concepts is led by founders Kyle Noonan and Josh Sepkowitz, who have a combined 20 years of experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry. For more information, please visit FreeRangeConcepts.com.