Popular Uptown restaurant, live music venue rolls out new farm-fresh offerings April 19
The Rustic is taking its farm-fresh, homestyle cooking to a whole new level, ramping up its menu with several irresistible additions.
Swing by Uptown’s favorite dining, drinking and live music destination tomorrow, April 19, and be one of the first to bite into these delectable new menu offerings:
- Wild Gulf Shrimp Cocktail – Spicy chile de árbol, avocado, cucumber, jicama, jalapeno and cilantro, served with salty crackers.
- The Drunk Chick – Beer can game hen, jalapeño spoon bread and chile-lime butter.
- Brisket Quesadilla – Flour tortilla stuffed with smoked brisket, Mexican cheese blend and pico de gallo, served with chunky avocado salad.
- Veggie Burger – Crispy chickpea quinoa on a whole wheat bun, garnished with mustard, mayo, lettuce, pickle and tomato; served with smoked salt chips.
- Daily Catch – Wood-grilled fresh gulf fish served with white hominy.
- Hot Chicken & Cheese – Nashville-style spicy fried chicken, dill pickles, mayo and melted American cheese on griddled Texas toast.
- Jalapeño Spoon Bread – Cornmeal, pickled jalapeño, sharp white cheddar and creamed corn.
- Joe Leo Tacos with Bacon Fat Tortillas – Brisket (hard-wood smoked with ancho chile and brown sugar); Sweet Potato Picadillo (cumin, hot paprika, pumpkin seeds and roasted poblanos); Chicken Tinga (tomatillo, fresh oregano and chipotle); Carnitas (slow-cooked pork shoulder with orange peel, garlic and chile de árbol).
“The Jalapeño Spoon Bread is my mom’s recipe,” said Daniel Menchaca, Executive Chef at The Rustic, who developed the new recipes. “She used to make it on Sundays with a pot of beans or chili. The next day she would pan-fry the leftovers in butter to warm it back up.”
He continued: “The use of maguey on the Joe Leo Tacos is my homage to a time when the ingenuity and resourcefulness of passionate people made delicacies from simple, local ingredients. And we added the daily catch to the menu to demonstrate the bounty of fresh, wild and farm-raised fish we have thanks to our proximity to the Texas gulf.”
Along with the new food items, The Rustic is adding a refreshing, summertime-inspired cocktail to the mix:
- Paula’s Pisco Lemonade – A savory blend of Paula’s Texas Orange, Pisco Portón and housemade lemonade.
“We’re extremely excited to introduce all these new flavors, particularly because of our dedication to using ingredients sourced from local farmers, ranchers and artisans,” said Kyle Noonan, co-owner of FreeRange Concepts, creator of The Rustic. “I’m also proud to name our new taco selections after my grandfather, Joe Leo, who recently passed away. He loved preparing homemade tacos, and I know he’d be a big fan of Daniel’s recipes.”
The Rustic proudly sources its fresh, authentic Texas ingredients from several local farmers, including the following:
- Rudolph’s (Dallas)
- Empire Bakery (Dallas)
- Eagle Mountain Cheese (Granbury)
- Broken Arrow Ranch (Ingram)
- Little Texas (Dallas)
- La Mexicana (Duncanville)
- Dallas Mozzarella Co. (Dallas)
- Sides Pea Farm (Canton)
- Young’s Greenhouse (Wichita Falls)
- Homestead Gristmill (Waco)
With its casual atmosphere, live musical acts and unique, full-service dining experience featuring farm-fresh, homestyle dishes and a Texas-sized selection of wines, spirits and 40 beers on tap, The Rustic has carved a distinctive niche among Dallas restaurants. The concept is the brainchild of Noonan, Sepkowitz and Texas country artist Pat Green, whose love of the outdoors and live music helped bring The Rustic to life. The result is a fun and relaxing dining and concert experience from a phenomenal patio, all under the big Texas sky.
Pioneering fresh ideas in the restaurant industry and with local venues like Bowl & Barrel, Mutts Canine Cantina, The Rustic and The General Public, FreeRange Concepts is led by founders Kyle Noonan and Josh Sepkowitz, who have a combined 20 years of experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry. For more information, please visit FreeRangeConcepts.com.