Wendy’s is challenging consumers to look “beyond the bowl” because it’s not what your salad goes into, it’s what goes into your salad. Consumers want to understand where their food comes from now more than ever and when it comes to salads, there’s a big difference between fresh made and freshly assembled.
Building on Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas’ promise that “Quality is our Recipe,” Wendy’s delivers fresh, quality ingredients in each of its premium salads.
“Our kitchens are stocked throughout the week with fresh produce so we can provide consumers farm-fresh flavor every day,” said Brandon Solano, Wendy’s chief marketing officer. “While others may use bagged lettuce and factory-cooked bacon and chicken, we don’t cut corners. We have the culinary credentials to deliver on fresh.”
Chief among Wendy’s fresh approach to salads are these every day commitments:
- Fresh from the Farm – Wendy’s delivers fresh shipments of produce to each restaurant throughout the week to ensure that we are serving our customers fresh ingredients.
- Prepared Today – In each Wendy’s restaurant, crew members chop fresh iceberg and romaine lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers and tomatoes every day.
- Only the Best – The commitment to quality extends to other Wendy’s salad ingredients, including premium, white-meat, freshly grilled chicken breasts and thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon that are cooked in-house and placed warm on every salad ordered.
All of Wendy’s salads feature delicious ingredients that unite to create flavorful dishes, offering customers new tastes and food experiences. Three of the featured salads from Wendy’s current premium salad lineup are:
- Wendy’s BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad harkens to the days of a smoky, backyard grill, with its fire-roasted corn, freshly-diced tomatoes, light and lively spring mix combined with Applewood Smoked Bacon and grilled chicken drizzled with savory BBQ sauce, and topped with creamy Marzetti Simply Dressed BBQ Ranch Dressing.
- Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad marries the crisp, refreshing snap of ripe red and green apples with the delectable crunch of roasted pecans. This springtime splendor harmonizes sweet and savory throughout, with delicious cranberries and creamy blue cheese crumbles topped with warm grilled chicken and Marzetti Simply Dressed Pomegranate Vinaigrette.
- Wendy’s Asian Cashew Chicken Salad is a twist on the typical Asian salad, with on-trend, flavorful ingredients like fire-roasted edamame, fresh red peppers and cucumbers, spicy roasted cashews, warm grilled chicken breast, and Marzetti Simply Dressed Light Spicy Asian Chili Vinaigrette.
Wendy’s is offering fans a fresh perspective on its salad ingredients in a new video series available at youtube.com/wendys. The first video takes you beyond the bowl and behind the scenes when it follows a head of romaine lettuce from the field to preparation in restaurant.
The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company. The Wendy’s system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the United States and 28 countries and U.S. territories worldwide. For more information, visit www.aboutwendys.com.