Ten years after opening its first Chicago location, Wingstop has announced plans to double the company’s presence in the area, adding more than 25 locations, including five new restaurants scheduled to open this year.
To support the expansion effort, Wingstop has formed an advertising cooperative and named Prime Time Marketing (PTM) as its agency of record for the Chicago DMA. PTM, a Chicago-based marketing and media firm, will spearhead advertising for the area franchisees, including television, online, social and print campaigns.
“We are excited to bring fresh ideas and strategic solutions to our new partnership with Wingstop,” said Ani Johnson, director of marketing at PTM. “We look forward to building the brand in the growing Chicago market and can’t wait to get to work!”
Wingstop has 18 locations open in Chicago with another 26 in various stages of development, including:
- Patrick Madden, Daniel Moran, Albert Connor and Sean O’Brien have two locations open, with plans to develop four additional restaurants.
- Tom Schaffer has two locations open with three more in development.
- Shayan Halani, who at 24 is one of the youngest Wingstop owners in the system, opened his first restaurant last spring and plans to open one more.
- Chicagoland Wing Kings, LLC has signed an 11-store development agreement, and expects to open his first location in Chicago this fall.
- Vimal Patel recently signed a multi-store agreement to open Wingstop in Joliet and DeKalb
- Hadi Lalani has a two-store development agreement for the Chicago area.
- Rick Chaquinga has one location open and another in development.
“Chicago loves sports and wings,” said Schaffer, who will serve as president of the Chicago co-op and owner of two Wingstop locations. “Wingstop first opened in Chicago 10 years ago and it’s still one of the most successful locations in the system. We believe Chicago has the potential to become one of Wingstop’s strongest markets in the country.”
With a sole focus on cooked-to-order chicken, the Wingstop menu features traditional and boneless wings, strips and Glider sandwiches – all sauced and tossed in 10 original flavors. Texas-based Wingstop was founded in 1994 and currently has more than 500 locations open nationwide and in Mexico and has experienced more than eight consecutive years of same store sales increases.
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Richardson, Texas, Wingstop has more than 500 restaurants open across the United States and Mexico. With a sole focus on chicken wings, the Wingstop menu features 10 wing flavors including Original Hot, Cajun, Atomic, Mild, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, Hickory Smoked BBQ and Louisiana Rub. Wings are made fresh, cooked-to-order and customers can also choose from homemade side dishes including Wingstop’s award winning fresh-cut seasoned fries. Wingstop has experienced eight consecutive years of positive sales increases, was named a Top 10 Best Franchise Deal by QSR magazine, and has been voted ‘best wings’ in markets across the country. Troy Aikman, three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame quarterback, has served as the chain’s national spokesman since 2003 and recently joined the Wingstop Board of Directors. Wingstop was acquired in 2010 by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm that specializes in business and consumer service companies with attractive growth prospects and revenues ranging from $20 million to $1.0 billion. For more information visit wingstop.com, wingstopfranchise.com or facebook.com/Wingstop.