Since 1941, the world’s largest barbecue franchise has served up its slow smoked barbecue and signature sides to barbecue fans nationwide. The restaurant chain known for its lip smackin’ barbecue is kicking off Memorial Day weekend with tips for hosting a cookout.”There’s nothing better than having friends and family over for a cookout,” said Roland Dickey, Jr president of Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants, Inc. “We’ve come up with ideal approaches to pleasing your guests while not knocking yourself out with all of the work.”
To help hosts hone their cook-out skills, Dickey’s offers a few tips to ensure a successful event.
- Cook something that you’ve smoked all day like brisket, ribs or chicken. This takes the pressure off the host to cook individual meats to taste.
- Have your smoked meats cooked before guests arrive, but leave them outside on the grill on a low temperature — just enough to stay warm. This will fill the air with the delicious smell of barbecue and get guests’ appetites ready.
- Prepare a Caesar salad when guests arrive. Guests can gather around in the kitchen to watch you work your magic – it’s a great time for sharing.
- Once the sides are ready, put everything on the counter and let your guests serve themselves buffet-style.
- Offer white or red wine, and bottled water. Let your guests tend bar themselves.
“We haven’t forgotten about those people who just don’t have the time to cook,” said Dickey. “Dickey’s offers mouthwatering family packs where we do all the work and let you take the credit.”
Since 1941, Dickey’s Barbecue has offered free kids meals every Sunday and affordable family packs that come with a choice of two meats, three medium sides, six rolls and Dickey’s famous barbecue sauce.
Founded in 1941, Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants began in Dallas, Texas. More than 70 years later, Dickey’s is now the world’s largest barbecue chain. Currently, Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants is located in 42 states and over 230 locations nationwide. For more information on partnering with Dickey’s Barbecue Restaurants in any location, call (866) 340-6188 or visit www.dickeys.com. Also visit our corporate Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dickeysbarbecuepit. Dickey’s: Passionate about the Art of Great Barbecue.
For Dickey’s franchise information, please visit www.dickeys.com/franchise/.