Seasonal favorites, hearty fall soups and more to debut Aug. 29
Fall is right around the corner, which means it’s almost pumpkin season!
Au Bon Pain is more than ready. On Tuesday, Aug. 29, the popular fast-casual bakery café invites guests to experience all the fantastic flavors of fall – pumpkin included – with these savory seasonal selections:
- Bonte Cristo Sandwich – Just in time for National Monte Cristo Day (Sept. 17), this one-of-a-kind sandwich features freshly sliced whole turkey breast, ham, swiss and maple pumpkin butter piled high on a warm croissant.
- Pumpkin Croissant – Pumpkin lovers, rejoice! This golden flaky croissant with creamy pumpkin filling, topped with cinnamon sugar, will leave you warm, satisfied and ready for autumn.
- Pumpkin Pie Bon Tart – Indulge in this hand-held freshly baked pastry with spiced, real pumpkin filling, topped with white icing and cinnamon.
- Plain Bagel with Maple Pumpkin Butter & Lite Cream Cheese – ABP’s fresh, classic bagel with creamy maple pumpkin butter spread on one half and lite cream cheese on the other makes the perfect combination of seasonal flavors.
- Pumpkin Pie Latte – Wake up to a rich espresso blended with pumpkin pie spice, topped with frothed milk and dusted with cinnamon (served hot or iced).
- Butternut Squash & Apple Soup – This flavor-packed soup combines butternut squash, golden pumpkin and apple purees simmered in a vegetarian velouté with sweet cream, maple syrup and rosemary.
- Turkey, Kale & Wild Rice Soup – Savor the flavors of fall with this hearty soup made with pulled turkey, wild rice and kale simmered with carrots, onions and celery in a creamy turkey stock.
- Cranberry Orange Muffin – Celebrate the tangy side of fall with this sweet orange muffin bursting with cranberries and topped with sanding sugar.
- Apple Danish – Can’t forget another fall favorite: apples. Enjoy this classic danish pastry topped with fresh apple preserves.
“Everyone thinks pumpkin when fall comes around and we went all in,” said Au Bon Pain Corporate Executive Chef Katherine See. “My favorite is the Pumpkin Pie Bon Tart – it’s like having a slice of homemade pie in your hand. The Bonte Cristo sandwich has such a satisfying blend of savory with just enough sweet from the maple pumpkin butter. It’s always hard to say goodbye to summer, but we love all the warm and delicious flavors that come with fall.”
Along with the debut of its fall menu, Au Bon Pain is launching its second annual fundraiser for No Kid Hungry. From Aug. 29 to Sept. 18, guests who donate $1 to No Kid Hungry will receive a voucher for one free pastry during their next visit. The voucher is valid through Oct. 30. Au Bon Pain’s goal is to raise $75,000 (equivalent to 750,000 meals) for No Kid Hungry during the month-long fundraiser, while also raising awareness about the need to end childhood hunger in the United States.
“We’re proud to support No Kid Hungry! One in six kids in the United States faces hunger every day and that is simply unacceptable,” said Ray Blanchette, CEO of Au Bon Pain. “At Au Bon Pain, we’re all about finding a balance, providing nourishing food. This program is one way to help children get access to the nourishment they desperately need every day. We greatly appreciate the support from our guests and employees to provide 750,000 meals to kids in need.”
The new fall menu is only available through Nov. 6, so be sure to visit your favorite Au Bon Pain today to get your pumpkin fix and indulge in all the tasty new creations. Enjoy at the café or order ahead and pick up your meal when it’s convenient for you. Simply download the Au Bon Pain mobile app from the App Store or Google Play, or order online at aubonpain.com.
Founded in 1978, Au Bon Pain (“from good bread”) has grown into an internationally recognized leader in the fast-casual restaurant category. The chain’s signature items – sandwiches, breads, pastries, salads, soups and coffee – are served in welcoming café environments emphasizing quick service and hospitality. Au Bon Pain offers consumers a wide array of delicious, nutritional foods that include low-sodium, low-fat, gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options. Calorie counts are clearly posted on menus and full nutritional information is provided in each café which has helped the brand earn Health magazine’s designation as one of America’s Top 5 Healthiest Restaurant Chains over the past three years and one of America’s Healthiest Restaurant Chains by Grellin.
Au Bon Pain operates in six key trade channels including urban office buildings, hospitals, universities, transportation centers, malls and museums. Au Bon Pain currently operates in more than 300 locations in the U.S. and internationally. Additional information about Au Bon Pain, which is headquartered in Boston, may be found at aubonpain.com. Follow us at Facebook.com/aubonpain, @aubonpainusa on Instagram and @aubonpain on Twitter.
No child should go hungry in America, but one in six kids will face hunger this year. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast, eat healthy summer meals, and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. When we all work together, we can make sure kids get the healthy food they need. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-hunger organization Share Our Strength. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.