Fogo de Chão (NASDAQ:FOGO) will open five new Company-owned restaurant locations in the United States. Fogo opened its first U.S. restaurant in 1997 in Dallas, Texas, and currently operates 26 Company-owned locations across 16 states and the District of Columbia. Over the next five years, Fogo plans to grow the company-owned restaurant count by at least 10% annually, with the long term goal of at least 100 additional churrascarias in the United States, in addition to international expansion with qualified joint venture partners. The Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which specializes in fire-roasting high-quality meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco, is pleased to bring its celebrated hospitality experience to new guests in Summerlin, NV, The Woodlands, TX, San Francisco, CA, Naperville, IL and New Orleans, LA. At least three of these locations are scheduled to open in 2015 following recent openings in Puerto Rico, a second location in Rio de Janeiro, and a joint venture location in Mexico City.
The five new locations include the following:
- Fogo’s second Las Vegas restaurant will be located in the Dining Arroyo of Downtown Summerlin, which is a quick trip from the area’s most well-known golf courses, cultural attractions, and high-end retail shopping.
- The second Houston-area Fogo will be located on Restaurant Row at Hughes Landing in The Woodlands, TX. This location is minutes away from The Woodlands Mall, Waterway Square and all of the area’s surrounding hotels and offices.
- Fogo will open its second Bay Area location in the heart of the bustling SOMA District in San Francisco, just steps away from the Moscone Convention Center, Financial District and some of the city’s best shopping at Market Street.
- Naperville, IL will mark the third Chicagoland location for Fogo. The restaurant will be located among the finest restaurants and retailers at Freedom Commons.
- Fogo de Chão will make its Louisiana debut on the ground floor of the luxurious JW Marriott French Quarter Hotel in New Orleans. Located on Canal Street, the restaurant will offer tourists and locals alike a glimpse into traditional Southern Brazilian culture in the heart of The Big Easy.
“As a part of our ongoing commitment to grow our operations across the United States, we are excited to be expanding our presence in existing markets and debuting our first location in Louisiana,” said Larry Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Fogo de Chão. “We have built a strong brand with a passionate following and look forward to opening our newest locations as we continue executing on our steady growth path.”
Fogo de Chão is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, offering guests a wide variety of simply seasoned meats that are carefully fire-roasted to expose their natural flavors. Some of those meats include the house specialty picanha sirloin, filet mignon, ribeye, lamb chops, center-cut bone-in pork chop and chicken wrapped in bacon.
Additionally, Fogo offers a gourmet Market Table with an abundance of seasonal salads, fresh vegetables, hot side dishes, a charcuterie area, smoked salmon and Southern Brazilian side dishes. To further complement the dining experience, the restaurant offers an award-winning wine list, tempting dessert menu, and creative and classic cocktails. Guests can also choose between the lighter seafood selections or enjoy the gourmet Market Table only option.
Fogo de Chão (fogo-dee-shoun) is a leading Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, which has specialized for over 35 years in fire-roasting high-quality meats utilizing the centuries-old Southern Brazilian cooking technique of churrasco. Fogo delivers a distinctive and authentic Brazilian dining experience through the combination of high-quality Brazilian cuisine and a differentiated service model known as espeto corrido (Portuguese for “continuous service”) delivered by gaucho chefs. Fogo offers its guests a tasting menu of meats featuring up to 20 cuts, a gourmet Market Table with seasonal salads and fresh vegetables, seafood, desserts, signature cocktails and an award-winning wine list. The first Fogo de Chão opened in Brazil in 1979. The Company currently operates 26 restaurants in the United States, 10 in Brazil and one joint venture restaurant in Mexico. The Company’s stock is traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol FOGO. Visit FOGO.com for more information.