Broad Street Hurricanes, Moscow Mules, and French Quarter 75s are just a few of the vintage-inspired cocktails available at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. New Orleans is one of the birth cities of the American Classic Cocktail and the birthplace of Ruth’s Chris Steak House. The new beverage program celebrates this heritage with new classics alongside old favorites to offer customers the ultimate experience in hand-crafted cocktails.
“What better time to celebrate the art of the cocktail than shortly after the 78th anniversary of prohibition?” mused Helen Mackey, Beverage Director for Ruth’s Chris Steak House. “Staying true to our heritage, we are launching a vintage-inspired cocktail program with a focus on fresh juices and high quality ingredients that have a foundation in the classics with a Ruth’s Chris twist.”
Just like their culinary counterparts in the kitchen, Ruth’s Chris bartenders are highly skilled at their craft, employing the same care and commitment to quality that go into its signature sizzling steaks and stellar food offerings. Samples of featured favorites and new classics include:
- Broad Street Hurricane – Sophisticated riff on the classic New Orleans cocktail invented at Pat ‘O Briens in the 1940s using Zacapa Centenario 23 year old aged rum, pomegranate juice, freshly squeezed lemon and lime juices and yellow passionfruit.
- French Quarter 75 – A delicate flute of bubbly with a little something extra was born as the French 75 in Paris in 1915, our version celebrates America’s French heritage and adds a subtle hint of elderflower.
- The Moscow Mule – Americans were largely gin drinkers until Smirnoff invented this vodka cocktail in the 1940s. Domain de Canton ginger liqueur, freshly squeezed lime juice, ginger ale, candied ginger and a lime twist combine for this thirst quencher named for its kick.
- The Derby Peach Tea – A Ruth’s Chris original, this long, cool cocktail pays homage to our southern roots. This refreshing drink is made with Bulleit Kentucky Straight Bourbon, Monin peach puree, freshly brewed ice tea, freshly squeezed lemon juice and topped off with fresh mint leaves.
- The Manhattan East Side – Inspired by the flavors of a Manhattan and a Whiskey Sour, this cocktail is a celebration of flavors and sure to become a new classic.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Inc. is the largest upscale steak house company in the world, with over 130 restaurant locations around the globe. Founded in New Orleans by Ruth Fertel in 1965, Ruth’s Chris specializes in USDA Prime grade steaks served in Ruth’s Chris signature fashion … “sizzling.” Look for upcoming national wine dinners at www.ruthschris.com.