Tavistock FREEBIRDS LLC has agreed to acquire seven restaurants in the Central Valley of California from Qdoba franchisee 4G Management. The sites are located in Sacramento, Tracy, Fresno, Clovis, Turlock, and Modesto (two locations). The restaurants will be converted to company owned and operated FREEBIRDS WORLD BURRITO locations and will open by the end of the year. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Locations and opening dates are as follows:
- FREEBIRDS Sacramento, located at 2281 Del Paso Rd, is scheduled to open on August 14, 2012
- FREEBIRDS Tracy, located at 1920 W 11th Street, is scheduled to open on August 16, 2012
- FREEBIRDS Fresno, at 2784 West Shaw Ave in will open in late September, 2012
- FREEBIRDS Clovis, at 1755 Herndon Ave, will open in late September, 2012
- Two Modesto FREEBIRDS, at 3601 Pelandale Ave and 1707 McHenry Avenue, will open in late October, 2012
- FREEBIRDS Turlock, located at 3202 Countryside Drive, will open in November, 2012
“This agreement fully aligns with our commitment to expand FREEBIRDS in California’s Central Valley,” said Tavistock CEO Bryan Lockwood. “We have always intended to grow here and this agreement allows us to do so.” The acquisition brings the FREEBIRDS California total to 23.
“We look forward to sharing our awesome food, fun brand philosophy and engaging service with these new communities in the Central Valley,” said FREEBIRDS president Jim Mizes.