Excitement builds as we approach opening day of the 19th annual International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York on Sunday, March 4, 2012. The Conference and Expo will be open until Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. There are dozens of visual and exciting story ideas; here are the top ten reasons to attend:
1. Healthy Solutions Pavilion and Theater is an exciting new feature that will assist restaurant and foodservice professionals in their quest to source and deliver healthy dining options.
2. 2012 Foodservice Council for Women presents “Breaking Barriers to Success – How to be Unstoppable in Life and Business!” will be Monday, March 5, 8-10am and the Women’s Foodservice Forum will present The Power of Influence and The Art of Diplomacy.
3. The 23rd Annual U.S. Pastry Competition – Presented by Paris Gourmet, the 2012 showpiece theme is The Four Elements: Earth, Wind, Fire and Water. Twenty rising stars of the pastry world will compete for the coveted title, Pastry Chef of the Year.
4. The Demonstration Theater is an educational, interactive and entertaining area for restaurant and foodservice professionals who want to stay abreast of what’s hot in the food world. Chefs doing demonstrations include Certified Master Chef Fritz Sonnenschmidt, and Chef Tyler Anderson, winner of “Chopped” Season 2.
5. The Ultimate Barista Challenge™ – Baristas compete on dueling stages of espresso stations to shake, not stir, their espresso cocktails, to prepare beautiful cafe latte art, blend espresso frappe and brew the best they have.
6. The Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum – Industry leaders will deliver applicable business lessons, the latest information on trends and best practices in the market, and their own opinions of what creates success.
7. Japanese Pavilion and Culinary Competition – For the 6th year, the Pavilion will acquaint the industry with the unique flavors and exciting new innovations of Japan and feature the 3rd Annual JRO Umami Culinary Challenge.
8. The New York Wine Expo will be open to all International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York attendees on Sunday, from 12-4 pm for the trade to meet winemakers and other winery principals.
9. Pride of New York Pavilion brings attendees face-to-face with family farmers and food processors who have made New York State one of America’s leading suppliers of food and agricultural products.
10. New for 2012 Show Floor The Front of House Experience: This section focuses on how to create a more memorable inviting experience, because the battle for customer loyalty begins with first impressions. Specialty Pavilions have been grouped together to easily compare to make informed buying decisions and include: Coffee & Tea, Dessert Cart, Gourmet Way, Japan, Pride of New York, and more.
WHEN: Sunday, March 4, 2012 – 10:00am – 5:00pm; Monday, March 5, 2012 – 10:00am – 5:00pm and Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:00am – 4:00 pm
WHERE: The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY
PRODUCED AND MANAGED BY:
The 2012 International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, the world’s leading organizer of trade and public shows and owned and sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA). For more information call (888) 334-8705 or visit www.internationalrestaurantny.com.