Following Culinary Showdown, Flex-Casual Asian House Releases Secret Seasonal Menu October 13th
Mama Fu’s Asian House, one of the leading Asian concepts in the fast casual restaurant industry, has concluded yet another one of the franchise’s seasonal culinary competitions, resulting in the release of its newest Black Market Menu on October 13th, 2014.
Since Mama Fu’s released its first Black Market Menu in 2012, debuting the award-winning Banh mi sandwich, menu items from each seasonal spread have been added to the franchise’s core menu after overwhelming success with both consumers and critics. Over the years, added core menu items have included the Spicy Seoul Stir Fry, Sichuan Kung Pao, Korean Street Tacos, and most recently, the Bulgogi Steak Wraps and Vietnamese Iced Coffee.
Exclusive to those in the know, and members of the Mama Fu’s loyalty program, the Funatics Club, the secret menu features innovative Asian cuisine developed by Mama Fu’s world-class chefs, selected through an internal culinary challenge. Chefs throughout the Mama Fu’s system compete to showcase their culinary skills and innovation inspired by travels through Japan, Korea, China, Vietnam and Thailand. The winning chefs’ dishes earn a spot on the Black Market Menu, while each of the esteemed chefs receive the coveted red chef’s hat only given to those who have championed the culinary competition.
“Deriving unique flavor combinations from five distinct Asian cuisines, our chefs find no bounds in their innovative use of ingredients and technique to produce truly masterful dishes. The competition gives our chefs the opportunity show off their culinary expertise and creativity with the reward of a featured menu item on the Black Market Menu. At the same time, our franchise system is able to reward our loyal customers with exclusive and unique menu items,” said Randy Murphy, CEO of Mama Fu’s. “As our culinary team continues to add layers and complex flavor profiles to our menu through the seasonal competition, our most loyal guests are given the exclusive chance to experience these advancements in our kitchens before anyone else.”
The 2014 Fall Black Market Menu includes:
- Spicy Edamame – Steamed soy beans wok-seared in chili soy sauce topped with Japanese shichimi spice
- Vegetable Potstickers– Traditional dumplings served crispy or steamed, filled with carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, cabbage, and mushrooms, served on a bed of spinach with a side of ponzu sauce
- Tom Kha – A Thai specialty- your choice of protein in a rich, spiced coconut and chicken broth, with onions, mushrooms, bok choy, carrots, and vermicelli rice noodles.
- Singapore Noodle – Your choice of protein wok-seared with shiitake mushrooms, fried egg, onions, red bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, bean sprouts, scallions, and jalapeno tossed with vermicelli noodles in a spicy curry sauce.
- Lemon Sriracha Stir Fry – Your choice of protein seared with sugar snap peas, mushrooms, bok choy, red bell peppers, celery, and basil tossed with a lemon sriracha sauce over your choice of rice.
- Smoked duck– For a limited time, choose smoked duck as a protein for any entrée
While Mama Fu’s Asian House offers guests convenience and value, the high quality ingredients and fusion of unique flavors are the primary focus of its Asian-inspired food. At Mama Fu’s, that culinary innovation is showcased and celebrated seasonally with the Black Market Menu. Keeping its menu options fresh and dynamic, Mama Fu’s Black Market Menu is released every six months (April and October) as an exclusive menu comprised of 5-6 innovative dishes which are inspired from Mama Fu’s chefs’ experiences traveling through five Asian countries.
For a more exclusive look at menu options and perks, including the Black Market Menu, Mama Fu’s customers can enjoy the popular rewards program, the Funatics Club, by enrolling online or downloading the application through the Mama Fu’s website or directly from the online App Store or Google Play.
High quality, fresh ingredients and the fusion of unique flavors are cornerstones of Mama Fu’s Asian-inspired food. Menu highlights include unique tastes and bold flavors from China, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan and Korea. Offering dine-in, takeout, delivery, catering, online and mobile ordering, Mama Fu’s is a convenient and delicious option for every dining occasion. The Austin-based franchise offers two prototypes to allow franchise partners to select a service model that fits the market; size of the dining room varies, but kitchen size remains constant to maintain culinary and output capacity. The company currently has 16 locations open and operating, with over 50 locations currently in development.