Since 1936 thousands of restaurant and foodservice industry professionals have attended The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo. There will be dozens of exciting special events and educational programs plus hundreds of companies showcasing new products at this trade show and conference taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center from August 12-14, 2012. The event is sponsored by the California Restaurant Association — a partner of the National Restaurant Association. Event highlights, include:
- Death of Fine Dining Panel: Is the concept of “Fine Dining” gone or has it been totally redefined in this new economy? Come hear what some of the top chefs and restaurateurs are successfully doing right now. Panelists include chefs and owners from Providence Restaurant, Pitfire Pizza and Superba Snack Bar, Manhattan Beach Post, The Tasting Kitchen/Itri/The Parish; and sbe and Moderator Brad Metzger, BMRS.
- Celebrity Chefs – Martita Jara – Food Network Star Season 8 Finalist from San Diego whose specialty is Mexican Cuisine with a California Twist; Chef Jorge Ramirez, The American Culinary Federation (ACF) Orange Empire Chefs & Professional Cooks Association 2012 Chef of the Year; and Keigo Hama a celebrity chef from Japan who specializes in Ten Qoo Marguro the only Farmed Blue Fin tuna will showcase their talents in various culinary demonstrations at the event.
- The 2012 Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum – Offers 40 sessions tailored to the needs of food service operators. Industry leaders will gather to profit from applicable business lessons, the latest information on trends and best practices in the market. This year’s emphasis will include sessions on social media, catering, healthy/green, beverages, legal, top business management, networking, staffing and hospitality.
- ALL NEW Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure providing direct access to products, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market — healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, etc. Foodservice professionals’ will discover and learn about the new culinary innovations that will inspire creative and fresh menu ideas, delight customers and drive profits.
- Culinary Clash: Battle Anaheim, presented by Coca Cola. The cooking competition benefiting the California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation will pit industry heavyweights against each other in an ultimate battle of skill and mettle. The event will feature chef and TV personality Pace Webb as emcee. Celebrity chef and Top Chef contestant Betty Fraser will serve as judge. Teams include Real Mex, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, BJ’s Restaurants, Yard House Restaurants, Lawry’s, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, Roy’s, Daly Grill, Cohn Restaurant Group and Maria’s Italian Kitchen.
The 2012 Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo will be held Sunday, August 12 through Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at the Anaheim Convention Center. For more information on exhibiting or attending future events, call (888) 334-8705 or visit the official Show website at www.westernfoodexpo.com.