Quinoa, Mediterranean entrée salads, wrap, hummus, two new dressings debut
Just in time for summer and lighter food favorites, restaurant group The Big Salad has added several new choices to its healthy dining menu, inspired by popular Mediterranean and Middle East cuisine.
The new menu items include:
- The quinoa salad, topped with cucumber, onion, tomato, garlic hummus, and The Big Salad’s new house-made Baba Lemon Dressing – an olive oil blend with fresh lemon juice, herbs, and spices.
- A quinoa salad wrap, all rolled up with hummus, feta cheese, cucumber, red cabbage, tomato, red onion, and iceberg lettuce.
- A new Mediterranean entrée salad, blended with romaine and iceberg lettuces, chickpeas, cucumber, feta cheese, fresh red pepper, red cabbage, quinoa, crunchy crushed pita chips, and topped with the new Baba Lemon Dressing.
- The creamy house-made hummus is now a topping option on any of The Big Salad’s custom-made salad creations.
- Another brand-new freshly-made-daily salad dressing joins The Big Salad array of dressings. It’s a light and tangy White Balsamic Bleu Cheese Dressing, which complements most every salad combination tossed and dressed by The Big Salad chefs.
Dining research companies such as Food Genius and Technomic have for several years been tracking the fast-growing popularity of Mediterranean cuisine on restaurant menus, now favored by six out of ten customers, according to one Technomic study. And, cookbook author Tess Mallos writes, “Mediterranean cooking is as good for the body as it is for the soul,” referring to its abundance of heart-healthy ingredients.
Since opening its first location in 2008, The Big Salad has allowed people to make their meal their own. Through thoughtful planning, The Big Salad chefs are equipped to prepare more than 17 million possible iceberg, romaine or spinach salad combinations for customers right at the point of purchase with a choice of 40 toppings and 30 dressings. Additionally, The Big Salad offers a plethora of fresh sandwich and soup options, as well as putting any salad into a wrap. Currently, The Big Salad can be found in Ann Arbor (now two locations), Grosse Pointe Woods, Novi, Troy, and Charlotte, MI and anticipates opening two locations in Houston, TX later this year. The restaurant chain has plans to open 100 stores in strategically located metro areas across the country in the next 10 years. Learn more at http://www.thebigsalad.net.