You can’t spell cupid without cup, but can a cup of coffee play a role in brewing romance on Valentine’s Day? It might, according to a new independent survey by Dunkin’ Donuts indicating that coffee will be part of a majority of Valentine’s Day dinners or dates this year. Dunkin’ Donuts, America’s all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, commissioned the independent survey of 500 Americans throughout the country to take a closer look at the connection between coffee and couples. According to the results:
- The vast majority (70%) of respondents claim that coffee will in fact be part of their Valentine’s Day dinner or date this year.
- Brew over the bloom? Fifty percent (50%) of respondents said that they would prefer to receive a fresh cup of coffee from their sweetheart on Valentine’s Day rather than flowers.
- Nearly two-thirds (64%) of respondents have gone out for coffee as a first date.
- What is the best coffee beverage to enjoy on a date? Cappuccino was top among respondents (30%), followed by hot coffee (28%), iced coffee (21%) and latte (21%).
- What is considered to be the most romantic flavor of coffee? The survey respondents chose French Vanilla first (38%), followed by Mocha (16%) and Caramel (15%).
- Forgo your beau or your joe? Nearly one-third (31%) of female respondents said they would rather give up their sweetheart for a week than go without coffee for seven days.
Can your date’s coffee preference actually provide you with insight into his or her personality? According to Dr. Alan Hirsch, Neurological Director of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, it can. “Based on our work, people who take their coffee black tend to be lively, outgoing and extroverted, thinking more about the present than the future. People who add sweetener to their coffee are natural leaders, enjoy being in control and expect the best from all. Those who take their coffee with cream are particularly social and engaging. And, those who add skim milk to their coffee most enjoy company and usually prefer to draw attention to others versus themselves,” said Dr. Hirsch.
To help you and yours keep running with Dunkin’ coffee and snacks this season, Dunkin’ Donuts is launching a “CupiDD’s Choice” Twitter Sweepstakes, offering people a chance to win a sweet prize for you and your date. On Valentine’s Day, you can tweet @dunkindonuts to tell us with whom you would choose to share a Dunkin’ Donuts heart-shaped donut, including hashtag #CupiDD. Three winners will be selected randomly from all tweets to receive two $25 DD Cards: one for you and one for your sweetheart. For additional official rules and restrictions, and conditions related to Dunkin’ Donuts’ CupiDD’s Choice Twitter Sweepstakes, please visit: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/CupiDDsChoice_Sweepstakes.html.
Dunkin’ Donuts has two delicious heart-shaped donut treats to enjoy this Valentine’s Day. The Cupid’s Choice Donut is a heart-shaped donut filled with Bavarian Kreme, topped with strawberry icing and a festive mix of pink, white and red heart-shaped sprinkles. The new Chocolate Heart Donut is a chocolate frosted heart-shaped donut with vanilla buttercreme filling, topped with chocolate chips. Both donuts are available at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants nationwide through the end of February. Chocolate lovers seeking a perfect pairing with their heart-shaped donuts can enjoy Dunkin’ Donuts’ famous Mocha Coffees and Lattes. Available hot or iced, Dunkin’ Donuts’ Mocha Coffees and Lattes satisfy your chocolate cravings while providing a boost to keep yourself running any time of day.
To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.