Born as a secret “restaurant-within-a-restaurant” in 2020, the Chicken Shack limited time menu at Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que makes a savory return on Thursday, July 13. Now an annual and much-anticipated seasonal element of Lucille’s mouthwatering array of Southern-style food offerings, the Chicken Shack menu will be available for a limited time.
With an emphasis on high-quality ingredients and culinary craftsmanship, the curated chicken dishes and complementing appetizers, premium sides and Southern-perfection dessert, can be enjoyed at each of Lucille’s 21 restaurants in California, Arizona and Nevada, or can be ordered online at Lucillesbbq.com for takeout or delivery.
This year’s Chicken Shack menu has been created by Chef Haim Asher, Lucille’s Director of Culinary, who previously worked with James Beard Award-winning chefs and at some of the country’s best full-service, Michelin-rated restaurants. Asher, who hails from South Carolina, has infused his authentic Southern roots into every menu item on the Chicken Shack menu.
“We know how much our guests anticipate the return of our Chicken Shack offerings each year,” said Asher. “This year, the menu includes several fan favorites and new savory, crave-worthy dishes that will satisfy everyone’s appetite for Southern-inspired food. Featuring smoked, crispy and juicy Fried Chicken, Fried Green Tomato Tostadas and more, this menu offers many delicious choices! While Chicken Shack originated as a secret menu four years ago, it has now evolved to take its rightful place each summer at Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que.”
This year’s tantalizing Chicken Shack menu at Lucille’s features:
- Bone-In Smoked Fried Chicken: Four-piece smoked chicken (thigh, leg, wing, breast), buttermilk-battered and fried crispy. Includes Lucille’s new Texas Caviar and fresh watermelon. Available in “Original BBQ” with bread & butter pickles and hot-honey glaze, or in “Nashville Hot” with bread & butter pickles, Texas Toast, and Alabama White sauce.
- Green Chicken Chili: Smoked pulled chicken, roasted corn, pinto beans, Jack cheese, tomatillo, avocado, and crema over white rice. Includes Smoked Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread.
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich: Extra spicy, Nashville-style, crispy fried chicken breast topped with sweet pickles and creamy coleslaw. Served on a soft brioche bone with Lucille’s own Alabama White sauce for dipping.
- Fried Green Tomato Tostadas: Cornmeal-crusted green tomatoes topped with Lucille’s signature pork belly burnt ends, handmade guacamole, spicy ranch, pico de gallo, pickled red onions, smoked Jalapeños, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
- Loaded Chicken Fatty Fries: Crispy fresh-cut fries topped with cheddar and Jack cheese, chicken gravy, crispy chicken chicharron, pico de gallo, pickled red onions, and scallions.
- Texas Caviar: Pinto and black beans, red onion, red and yellow peppers, Jalapeños, grilled corn, cilantro, and scallions tossed with chimichurri and topped with cotija cheese.
- Deep Dish-Peach Cobbler: Peaches topped with a sweet, caramelized cake topping, vanilla bean ice cream and a drizzle of caramel.
Family-owned and -operated, Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que Restaurants offer award-winning savory Southern-style food at its 21 full-service restaurants throughout California, Arizona and Nevada. Signature slow-smoked barbeque ribs and beef, flavorful appetizers, salads, burgers, sides and desserts are served with a large helping of down-home Southern hospitality. Lucille’s restaurants are reminiscent of a Southern roadhouse with a distinctive Southern décor, and Flying Pig Lounges that serve spirits and a full menu. Visit https://www.lucillesbbq.com for more information.
- More from Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que