Seasons 52,the highly acclaimed fresh grill and wine bar restaurant, is giving wine lovers the opportunity to discover a series of insider wines that are on the verge of becoming highly rated, widely recognized and the next talked-about wines of the season. Hand-picked by Master Sommelier George Miliotes, these six wines are designed to complement the flavors of the season which are expertly presented on Seasons 52’s new Autumn menu.
Highlighting the “Drink Them Before They’re Famous” wine program are a number of selections with stories as delicious and exciting as the varietal itself:
- Vista Hills Pinot Grigio-Orange Wine ’11 (Willamette Valley, Oregon) – a current trend-setter and favorite of in-the-know sommeliers, this wine is neither white nor red and like no other wine you’ve ever experienced. The practice of making Orange wine dates back thousands of years to when white and red grapes were treated the same way in the winery. For this wine, the Pinot Grigio grapes are kept at length on their grape skins as they are made resulting in characteristics of both red and white wines. A mix of ripe flavors of raspberry and apples with hints of tannin in a crisp finish, this Vista Hills pairs great with pork, chicken, seafood and appetizers.
- Avanthia Godello (Valdeorras, Spain) – made from the Godello grape varietal that was nearly extinct 20 years ago, this is as world class a white wine as made anywhere in the world at any price. Featuring an intoxicating golden color with aromas of white flowers and earth, flavors of cantaloupe and baking spice with an amazing long finish, this wine is now recognized as having the potential to be Spain’s and the world’s next great white wine. Great to enjoy on its own, Avanthia Godello is recommended to pair with seafood and white meats.
- Glenelly Cabernet Sauvignon ’09 (Stellenbosch, South Africa) – considered a French adventure on African soil, this wine owes its existence to May-Eliane de Lencquesaing, former owner of Chateau Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande. “Lady-May,” as she is known, purchased the Glenelly Winery in 2003 and completed the state-of-the-art winery building in 2009. This red wine has been fermented naturally and made with as little intervention as possible, seeking to achieve the perfect balance of French style and South African terroir. This charming Cabernet delivers a classic Bordeaux profile of complex flavors of black currant, cherry and dark chocolate, tinged with alluring herbal and spice notes, and can be enjoyed with all red meats and darker fin fish.
Additional wines featured on the “Drink Them Before They’re Famous” list include a 2010 Tilia Bonarda from Mendoza, Argentina; Lodi, California-based David Michael Winery’s 2010 “Petite Petit”; and a 2009 Farrier “Andiron” Semillon from the Alexander Valley region of Sonoma, California.
“Our ‘Drink Them Before They’re Famous’ wines are an important element in creating a personalized dining experience that is focused on adventure and exploration,” explains Miliotes. “These six wines represent what I believe to be new, now and next in the wine world and I’m confident our guests will find these selections something worth sharing with friends and family.”
The Seasons 52 “Drink Them Before They’re Famous” program has served as a springboard for many of today’s recognizable and well-reviewed wines. For instance, in 2002 Master Sommelier Miliotes recommended a relatively unknown South African chardonnay called Indaba. Since featured as part of the program, Indaba has consistently been reviewed as one of the best chardonnay values available, including being called “truly mind-boggling values” by The Wine Advocate’s David Schildknecht.
In addition to the new wine offerings on the Autumn menu, Chef Clifford Pleau, Executive Chef at Seasons 52, is introducing seasonal culinary offerings with an abundance of flavors that capture the essence of the harvest:
- Double Hummus & Crisp Sea Salt Lavosh – minted edamame hummus, red roasted chili hummus
- Cider-Glazed Grilled Chicken Skewers – Fuji apple slaw, sun-dried cranberries, toasted pumpkin seeds
- New Zealand Venison Chili – black beans, cilantro sour cream
- Maple Leaf Farms Sesame Duck – chopped greens, apples, mint, cranberries, butternut squash, toasted pecans
- Autumn Vegetarian Tasting – “grains of life,” soft taco, chili relleno, vegetables, cedar roasted tofu, mango chutney
- Springer Mountain Farms All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast – tamarind glaze, sweet potato mash, pumpkin seeds
- Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgence – ginger snap crust
Seasons 52 changes its menu four times a year with weekly fresh features to truly capture the flavors of the season. Each valued guest can be guaranteed the highest quality fresh food, prepared without compromising great taste or a rich and complete dining experience. Nothing on the menu is more than 475 calories, from the signature flatbreads and appetizers, to all entrees and the popular Mini Indulgence desserts.
Seasons 52, which debuted in 2003, is a fresh grill and wine bar that provides guests with a fresh dining experience, enabling them to celebrate living well. The menu is orchestrated by award-winning Chef Clifford Pleau, and is inspired by the seasons and the fresh appeal of the farmers’ market – 52 weeks a year. The award-winning wine list created and developed by Master Sommelier George Miliotes – one of over 180 Master Sommeliers worldwide – is consistently praised for its diverse international selection of 100 wines, including more than 52 offered by the glass. Seasons 52 is recognized as a forward-thinking restaurant concept that is “right for the times” and always offers guests something new to discover. Seasons 52 currently operates 23 restaurants in 13 states across the country. For more information, please visit Seasons52.com.